Trampolines

DougalStrachan

Likes Dirt
No pads or fence on my tramp.

I went the full Olympic route, pretty expensive but outside of buying bikes for kids best 'investment' I've made for kids stuff. Gets used all the time and the cousins/neighbours/friends all come over to use. Got the Polly black mat rather than string mat due only to cost. String weave bounces higher but that cost! Polly mat more comfy for kids laying about etc as well.

Got original tramp from elsewhere but these guys are similar RE build and price and have replacement parts (Recently got as new mat after 10ish years). I specifically got so that I can use and take my <cough> err... ample weight.

Again bloody expensive and you need a fair bit of room but it gets used more than any other tramp I know of

boyracer

Likes Dirt
1 in the front yard since forevers. 2nd hand when we got it. No nets/ springs with pads. Used daily for the last 6-7 years by our 3 and friends.
A neighbour moved house recently and gave me their springless one. I had to take it apart...fvck me , what a nightmare. Then discovered it was full of rust holes! Cheap as chinese steel at a guess.
I have since replaced a few sections of tube- rolled/welded/ finished/ painted , etc but still yet to put it back together. Weighs an absolute shit ton as well. Old galv framed one in front yard i can move with one hand whilst mowing, not the spring free, that would be two man job at least.

rstim

Likes Dirt
I've got a 14ft Jumpflex on order for Christmas for the boys 3 and 5, hopefully will be a good thing and last them for a while. Can't comment on it yet but they review well and have a good warranty period which were the reasons I chose one.

hellmansam

Likes Bikes and Dirt
do you remember jet jol tramps when you were growing up with the woven string mat? Best bounce evahhhh!
The double bounces were epic but mats were very abrasive ! a schoolmate had one, high school had a couple, and at Rottnest you could pay to use the trampolines just near the Milk Bar, which I'm pretty sure were Jet Jol trampolines. We lived next door to the Jet Jol HQ for a few years, on Stirling Hwy, Nedlands.

ausdb

Being who he is
No pads or fence on my tramp.

I went the full Olympic route, pretty expensive but outside of buying bikes for kids best 'investment' I've made for kids stuff. Gets used all the time and the cousins/neighbours/friends all come over to use. Got the Polly black mat rather than string mat due only to cost. String weave bounces higher but that cost! Polly mat more comfy for kids laying about etc as well.

Again bloody expensive and you need a fair bit of room but it gets used more than any other tramp I know of

My wife and I have been considering that sort of investment as our Mr 10 and Miss 6 both love parkour / ninja stuff and Mr 10 is getting into flips and tricks. I've been looking for a used string mat tramp for a little while but the mats can be a bit of a gamble if you don't know the history of them. From talking to a couple of guys who repair them over here they can last for 15-20 years if repainted every couple of years to protect the strings. But if not the strings wear from use, the UV deteriorates the strings and even storing them folded up in a hot shed can kill them as well. So after not finding a suitable used trampoline with a decent mat I took a different tack. In the spirit of reduce / reuse /recycle and also being a tight arse I bought a used Jet Jol (old WA brand I've raved about) 6' x 12' tramp that originally had a string mat on it as the basis and will get a new string mat made for it.
This morning I made a couple of calls and ordered a new string mat for it from these guys in Melbourne https://www.mrtrampoline.com.au/product/trampoline-mat/
The mats are woven to order, so fingers crossed they can get it done quickly, the shipping fairies look kindly on me and it arrives before the 25th but if all else fails the current poly mat is still pretty bouncy and the kids won't just be looking at a massve frame with a heap of springs hanging off it on Christmas day.

Lazmo

Old and hopeless
We’ve a huge round one with springs and no net or pads… bought it second hand and installed it one Christmas Eve about 15 years ago. Still going strong. It’s in amongst trees and shrubs, so plenty of shade and the girls pretty much lived on it. My youngest was a gymnast and can still do crazy good stuff on it.