Train Accident in Ringwood/heatherdale

deaks

Likes Bikes and Dirt
anyone got any news? happened around 12-1 ish.. i saw two trains stop ambulance come, cops come, fire enginges.

i left the area around 4 ish and the trains were still stopped.. cops still there...

any goss?

chimmo18

Likes Bikes
i heard that a person was hit while crossing the train tracks, it was believed that it was suicide.

S!C!E!R!

Banned
yo deaks! a connex worker at mitcham train station told me that it was a suicide..... when the de-tour bus that i was on went past Heatherdale Station on Maroondah Hwy i saw a train half way over the new freeway bridge with the driver door open and two cops next to the train drivers.....

Live2DieTrying

Likes Bikes and Dirt
The doors closed before I could get onto the train at Ringwood today (5.18 to Belgrave)
Someone in front of me stuck their hand between them so they would open again, but had his hand squished. Then he pressed the button and the doors didn't come open again (Have they stopped doing this now to speed up the trains?)
Yesterday I witnessed it happen aswell, where 3 of us with our bikes got off to rode to the last carriage, but only 2 of us made it on. He pressed the button and the train took off without him.

And every time I caught the train home from Ringwood last week it was late.
What gives?

deaks

Likes Bikes and Dirt
yo deaks! a connex worker at mitcham train station told me that it was a suicide..... when the de-tour bus that i was on went past Heatherdale Station on Maroondah Hwy i saw a train half way over the new freeway bridge with the driver door open and two cops next to the train drivers.....
hey, yer, both trains had stopped. there was a few ambulances, fireengines and police. At the start there was atleast 20 people crowding around, where im guessing the body (or whatever it was) was located. then all the pasengers were let out around a hour later. then they started those buses.

im trying to find something on like a news website. but nothing.

cameron_15

Eats Squid
oh man, that sucks, it sucks when there local, especially suicide (if it is) i'd like to know more details, might knoe him/her but i doubt it.

that really does suck, i hope the drivers are alright.

Matt H

Eats Squid
If you're gonna commit suicide, at least do it in private. Train drivers and onlookers shouldn't have to deal with the trauma of seeing someone die in such a brutal way :(

norcorulz

Likes Bikes and Dirt
How about seek help instead?
You can't be serious. Having friends and knowing people who have gone through Depression, it is known that the hardest part is seeking for help. People think no one can help them and it that they will be able to deal with it.
Which is impossible to deal with. It's really about the awareness of friends/family/community that can help these people overcome depression