Trails in the dandedongs

leitch

Feelin' a bit rrranty
Silvan stuff is good. Bottlecaps, No Strava-Truthiness, JJ’s, Lyre Lyre are all great, the climbing and link trails are well made. It’s deceptively steep though, you can pretty easily do +700m vert in a 20km ride dependingg how much you move around.

Some fun trails in the Olinda Pines too (bottom right of your screenshot) but not loads.

Haven’t ridden the DH track but heard good things, get the sense theres way more out there that’s more on the DL.

caad9

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Happy to help out via PM if you like, but nothing is really hidden anymore.

The trails mentioned above are all quite popular and well used.
It’s seriously wet at present, so be prepared for some slow going and a bit of classic Silvan sliding

Sethius

Crashed out somewhere
Wont be riding for at least another 6 weeks anyways, legs broken. I've found the Olinda pines already, followed some folk one day doing shuttles with the other partner. Nice and close to where we wanted to buy.

Chriso_29er

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Hi Mate,

What type of bike and riding do you like?
I guided another burner to a few trails but they found it really hard going!

As others mentioned if your looking for fun descents:
Bottlecaps
No strava, Didn't even know this had a name lol
Truthiness
To the valley below
JJ's
Temple of zoom is a bit of fun too and can be done on smaller bike no worries.

Has been a heap of work out there recently, and is also seeing a big increase in traffic which is great.
But I'm particularly worried about a certain retailer who seems to be doing regular e-bike tours up there. Has had a dramatic effect of huge braking bumps on truthiness.

Here's a couple of the trails mentioned to give you an idea what they're like.

Bottlecaps right from the top

Last edited: