Trail Towns

fjohn860

Alice in diaperland
Meant to watch it yesterday when it was on, but will watch on demand tonight

Sent from my INE-LX2 using Tapatalk

droenn

Fat Man's XC President
The presenters are a little cheesey but it was cool to see the hometown portrayed well. Keen to see where else they show.

Kerplunk

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I think they well enough considering general trail riding mtbing isn’t that interesting to watch unless your into it.. The sponsors clearly run the show, so it’s always going to be a little mtb and the rest a travel infomercial.. So many shows are like this now for niche interest groups..

Halo1

Likes Bikes and Dirt
It’s like that show Getaway with 10 mins MTB.
With all the cheesiness I fear it is making mtb riders look like a bunch of wankers that are just in it for the fancy food and craft beer. It did get me thinking of a stromlo trip.

Kerplunk

Likes Bikes and Dirt
With all the cheesiness I fear it is making mtb riders look like a bunch of wankers that are just in it for the fancy food and craft beer. It did get me thinking of a stromlo trip.
Agree, there was a line in there saying food and travel comes first then mtb.. Couldn’t be less accurate.. Mtb until you drop then whatever energy is left is spent on food/beer..

downunderdallas

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Agree, there was a line in there saying food and travel comes first then mtb.. Couldn’t be less accurate.. Mtb until you drop then whatever energy is left is spent on food/beer..
Yes but most of us need to convince the non riders to visit said trail town with the lure of non MTB items

Haakon

has an accommodating arse
It was all pretty cringe IMO... Low rent bogans and fairly transparent advertising. Yawn.

caad9

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I've been involved in something similar a while back and the dollars to film come from the tourism budget of the regions.
You can guarantee the local eating/accommodation/wineries will be the big focus for each area as that is the part that sells it to the family.

True MTB riding families are very few and far between, it is generally one person or that person and offspring

frenchman

Eats cheese. Sells crack.
Ur 10 years late to this realisation.

droenn

Fat Man's XC President
It was all pretty cringe IMO... Low rent bogans and fairly transparent advertising. Yawn.
A lot of the people they interviewed (mtbers) are locals giving a decent rundown of it all though. They were the people that actually build the trails and have local businesses around skills courses etc, so yes it was a little cringe from the presenters, but they talked to the right people.

downunderdallas

Likes Bikes and Dirt
A lot of the people they interviewed (mtbers) are locals giving a decent rundown of it all though. They were the people that actually build the trails and have local businesses around skills courses etc, so yes it was a little cringe from the presenters, but they talked to the right people.
I'm pretty sure they involved Sam Hill in the upcoming episode of Pemberton/Nannup/Bridgetown ( https://www.trailtowns.tv/southern-forests-valleys-wa-coming-soon )- in fairness, I don't think the show is pitched as an MTB show so much as a holiday show with trails, sometimes MTB.

stirk

Burner
I caught the last half and while it is sponsor and advertising driven at least the show features MTB! For the target audience I think it's on the right track and I'll watch again on catch up to see how it develops.

cokeonspecialtwodollars

Fartes of Portingale
I caught the last half and while it is sponsor and advertising driven at least the show features MTB! For the target audience I think it's on the right track and I'll watch again on catch up to see how it develops.
Let's hope they don't make it to NSW, that'll be an anti-climax.

stirk

Burner
Let's hope they don't make it to NSW, that'll be an anti-climax.
I was down in the Southern Highlands two weeks ago, lots of wineries, cafes and restaurants and also trails, mostly XC. At one cellar door a group of riders rocked up and the person running the door exclaimed with no surprise, "ah some more mountain bikers". I won't be surprised if they don't feature this area.