Toyota Yaris GR - perhaps too intriguing to bury in the "project car" thread

Oddjob

Merry fucking Xmas to you assholes
A modern corolla Weights pretty much the same as a VL according to google.
VL is 1250 to 1350kg, corolla is 1220kg.
Anything that has a 4A-GE will probably be under 1000kg
That's my point, just a crazy power to weight ratio. They used that TRD 4A-GE for all sorts of crazy stuff including in turbo form the JGTC Supras.

Sent from my M2012K11AG using Tapatalk

blacksp20

Likes Bikes and Dirt
That's my point, just a crazy power to weight ratio. They used that TRD 4A-GE for all sorts of crazy stuff including in turbo form the JGTC Supras.

Are you sure that’s not a 3S-GTE?

blacksp20

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Nope.

After some research, I still disagree with you. A 1.6L 4age would never have cut it in a Supra in 500ps class of JGTC. The engine you are thinking of is a 503E which could produce 850hp running on toluene. Different tune and aspiration for JGTC though. It’s similar to a 3sgte. They ran them in Pikes Peak cars and prototype racing as well.

Oddjob

After some research, I still disagree with you. A 1.6L 4age would never have cut it in a Supra in 500ps class of JGTC. The engine you are thinking of is a 503E which could produce 850hp running on toluene. Different tune and aspiration for JGTC though. It’s similar to a 3sgte. They ran them in Pikes Peak cars and prototype racing as well.
View attachment 387902
Well there you go. Was that the same engine they ran in the Lexus IS touring cars too?

Flow-Rider

Burner
Hahah, toluene, fuck that stuff stinks, also used in printing press fluid. We used to use it in the mid 90's to up the octane on standard pump fuel.

Oddjob

If you mean the BTCC IS200, it looks like they used a 3SGE BEAMS based engine from the Lexus RS200 road car.
http://www.totalmotorsport.com/Features/Cars/Display.asp?ID=18

I could find a few JGTC Lexus cars that ran a Toyota Motorsport built 3L V8. Nothing like any street car engines.
Yep that one. I thought they did a turbo 4 version for Le Mans or the Nurburgring 24 car as well.

Far out they put a lot of motors into that IS platform. A 2l 4, a 2l 6, a 3l 6 and that one off is430.