Tour guide wanted - Glenrock, Newcastle

foxpuppet

Eats Squid
I'm heading up to do a job at Belmont North tomorrow, 22/7

Any locals keen to meet up for a ride/show me around Glenrock Trails sometime after 130/2 pm

Or recommendations on a loop/lap that's ok to do solo without getting too lost. I only say this as I've had mates go there and say they ended up taking a lot longer than anticipated as they ended up on side trails etc.

Pretty flexible on time but don't want to be out there too late as I've got to drive back to Sydney.

Sent by courier pigeon

moman

Likes Dirt
I was up there last week...

And did a loop that was pretty good and pretty easy to follow. Maybe 1 or 2 hours depending on how fast you are.

Have a look at this map:
photo.jpg

Park on Fernleigh loop. Do double barrel, twisties, reload as a warm up. Then turn right on Kennys, then High roller, Seuss land, turn right onto the tar road and then left on Shaft. When you come out of shaft onto another fire road don't follow it all away down to the poo works but instead duck back into the trees on your right after about 30m (follow the bike tracks). Eventually come out right next to the fence for the poo works and turn right. Cross over some tar and then follow the management trail around leftish until you see the right turn up for snakes and ladders. Don't go up it yet but follow the management trail for another couple of hundred metres until it opens up and you get a great view of the beach. Have a snack. Turn around and head back and now turn left up snakes and ladders, around into seismic and pump action then right and up onto reload again back to the car. Done.

Now head back into town for some buffalo wings and a beer at the Grain store: http://grainstorenewcastle.com.au

cokeonspecialtwodollars

Fartes of Portingale
Hey Foxpuppet,

I would be happy to show you round a loop of Glenrock tomorrow if you like, best place to meet is at the water tower up the top of Gun Club Road (the big blue P up the top left of Moman's map). Let me know what time suits you best.

foxpuppet

Eats Squid
Hey Foxpuppet,

I would be happy to show you round a loop of Glenrock tomorrow if you like, best place to meet is at the water tower up the top of Gun Club Road (the big blue P up the top left of Moman's map). Let me know what time suits you best.
Yeah mate that's would be tops!

Only just heading up now after a delay at supplier this morning. Pm me your number and we can hook it up.

Jobs at Belmont north. Should take about 4 hours and I'll be there around 10am so hopefully done by 2ish.

foxpuppet

Eats Squid
Big thanks to cokeonspecialtwodollars! Cut it fine but made it to Glenrock with enough time to do the loop and get the hell out of Newcastle before dark.

Really fun track, so well laid out and a really fun mix of tech, fast bits, gaps (which I pussed out on) and views that are pretty darn sweet.

Lucky for those who live close to have it as the local!

Will try to get back there again now I know where to go and mix in some of the other loops.

Sent by courier pigeon

slowmick

38-39"
wow - looks like i need to take a bike when visiting my mate in Newcastle. looks like you had a good afternoon.:thumb:

foxpuppet

Eats Squid
The truly keen beans can then ride the fire road across the park and hit up the forbidden trails...spookey voice required.
Yeah cokeonspecialtwodollars told me about the ghost trails across the lagoon.

It's was truly a sweet place to ride through. Reminds me of videos I've seen of mtb in California near the coast.

Sent by courier pigeon