Tour De Farkin 2023 - Starts Sat 1st July

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
The only questions is... will he bounce back today.

Do we back the Ving horse or the Pog horse :rolleyes:

ForkinGreat

Knows his Brassica oleracea
The only questions is... will he bounce back today.

Do we back the Ving horse or the Pog horse :rolleyes:
Indeed. bit immaterial for me. I have previously backed Pogakhunt whist simultaneously wanting him to spontaneously burst into flames and get hit by a chunk of frozen urine from a passing airliner.
two of the UAE riders have gone home with covid. maybe they were keeping their beer in the bloodbag fridge and coughed on everything :p
Rafael Majka also tested +ve for covid, NFI why he is allowed to keep riding and huff on everyone.
You and Aerobuns are way ahead on points in the fantasy tour, so it won't really matter for me.

That being said. Vingegaard will need to consolidate his lead before the final TT (though he is a suspiciously good TTer for a weedy dude)
Hopefully Alpe D'Huez is nice and bastard hot so the slovenian slimebag doesn't "bounce back"

Scotty T

Walks the walk
This race is better than football. I switched the football on right as the NSW bloke lost the entire match by being a fuckhead, yes even a person who pretty much avoids all forms of football could tell it was a loser move. So I switched over to the roadies, but fell asleep.

Why do people hate the pog champ? NB: My son and his mates use that term to describe someone good and I thought it might be fitting but he's apparently not well liked?

ozzybmx

I don't dislike Pog, I just like to see some competition rather than someone putting in a superhuman boring win.

The only stage I don't watch is the final Paris stage as the fun is gone by then.

ForkinGreat

This race is better than football. I switched the football on right as the NSW bloke lost the entire match by being a fuckhead, yes even a person who pretty much avoids all forms of football could tell it was a loser move. So I switched over to the roadies, but fell asleep.

Why do people hate the pog champ? NB: My son and his mates use that term to describe someone good and I thought it might be fitting but he's apparently not well liked?
Cycling, and pro cycling in particular has a long and sordid history of doping. Lance Armstrong was "clean", but the testing hadn't caught up to the sophistication of his doping program, with EPO and blood doping etc.
The same "astonishing" and "jaw-dropping" performances have been displayed by PogaKhunt..... see also classics rider Dylan Van Baarle somehow managing to climb mountains, and Wout Van Aert classics and cyclocross rider mixing it with the best Mountain climbers... something is off about it.
I have earlier posts that touch on some of the practices used to game or cheat the system used by Chris Froome, Wiggins, and others.

if a rider is far better than his competitors, it is IMO, likely that they are not racing clean. Given how (allegedly) widespread doping and TUEs are, sadly, I don't really know what a 'clean' rider looks like these days.
Eddy Mercx - considered the GOAT - was done for doping during his career, same with many of the 'legends' and 'greats' of cycling.

There is a youtube channel called 'cycling stories' . many videos about astonishing and amazing performances. Miguel Indurain is a good/bad example. the guy was mid-pack for at least half his career, then somehow managed to rip 5 TdF wins in a row, before retiring. And that was bang in the middle of the darkest years of EPO abuse in the pro peleton.

Scotty T

Walks the walk
Cycling, and pro cycling in particular has a long and sordid history of doping.
I was blown away by the Lance doco when it dropped, and I do reckon there's something in your comments there because there have been so many dopers.

I was pretty surprised to see anyone in a green jersey smash out what I saw of his hill climbing, drop back and then bring the team mates back to the front, did he get dropped after I fell asleep? It appeared to be over when I woke to move to bed from couch.

ForkinGreat

I was blown away by the Lance doco when it dropped, and I do reckon there's something in your comments there because there have been so many dopers.

I was pretty surprised to see anyone in a green jersey smash out what I saw of his hill climbing, drop back and then bring the team mates back to the front, did he get dropped after I fell asleep? It appeared to be over when I woke to move to bed from couch.
eventually, but partly because he was working for his Jumbo Visma team, rather than chasing a stage victory for himself. his team leader Vingegaard & Roglic would leave him in the dust on some of the steeper, longer climbs, in part due to them being sticks, and van Aert (green jersey comp leader) being a heavier, more bulky framed guy than Vingegaard & Roglic. Big dudes in contention or winning mountain stages is a big red flag for me, and many others. Green jersey (Van Aert) did this last year, winning a stage that passed over Mont Ventoux - twice - last year.

Last edited:

bear the bear

Is a real bear

rockmoose

his flabber is totally gastered
Sepp Kuss KOM for Alpe d'Huez. We'll see what happens when Pidcock uploads his strava.

Faster and faster.

Drugs? No chance.

ozzybmx

Rest day 3 over, last 6 stages to go.

Roglic DNS stage 15 along with Magnus Cort Neilson.

Everyone must be getting low on trades :D

3 days in the mountains/hills, then 3 flat and the TT.

rockmoose

his flabber is totally gastered
Has anyone got Cor Ona Virus in their team? Still a strong chance for yellow in Paris.

ozzybmx

Has anyone got Cor Ona Virus in their team? Still a strong chance for yellow in Paris.
Yeah nine riders have been put out by corona so far including Magnus Cort Neilson and Simon Clarke (Aussie stage winner)

Pretty hard to ride the Cols without breathing as hundreds of fans shout and spit in your face. Poor chunts have no chance.

nzhumpy

Googlemeister who likes bikes and scandal
Yeah nine riders have been put out by corona so far including Magnus Cort Neilson and Simon Clarke (Aussie stage winner)

Pretty hard to ride the Cols without breathing as hundreds of fans shout and spit in your face. Poor chunts have no chance.

View attachment 391374
Yeah, f*@k those guys yelling on the hills...I hope that dude front left gets really sunburnt feet and is left with horrific lifelong tanlines to remind him of his stupidity.

ozzybmx

Only a couple of hundred points at the pointy end.
A lucky sprinter choice could see the win.

creaky

XMAS Plumper
Only a couple of hundred points at the pointy end.
A lucky sprinter choice could see the win.
So unlike the real race, the fake race could come down to a final sprint on the Champs-Elysees!

There's one flat stage (probably a sprint), a long TT and then the sprint stage left.

Which sprinters survives the time limit in the Pyrenees stages? Caleb still there?