Tokyo 2020

creaky

XMAS Plumper
Matt Wearn wrapped up the Men's Laser series - and in fact the Gold Medal - with 12th & 8th places, clearly not liking today's lighter weather. Kontides (CYP) had a shocker in the last race and slipped to 4th overall behind Tomasgaard (NOR) and Croatian Tonci Stipanovic. With a 22 point lead over Norwegian, Wearn has an unbeatable lead, making Sunday's Medal Race a playoff for the scraps.
What a relief. Maybe I’ll be able to understand what’ happening in this thread again.

The Duckmeister

Has a juicy midrange
Is sailing also an event in the Paralympics? If so, please tell me that there is at least one competitor with an eye-patch and/or peg-leg!
Yes, sailing is in the Paras, and given the various classifications, it is very possible that there may be eye patches and peg-legs! Not sure about boarding parties though.

birddog69

Likes Bikes and Dirt
LTIH ....

Aussie BMX racer Saya Sakakibara, whose brother had life changing BMX crash recently, has been stretchered off after a crash apparently as a result of being hit from behind by Alise Willoughby who is Sam Willoughby's wife.

What a shit fest.
You have got it back to front. I saw the race live and the replay on 7 several times. Sakakibara hit Willoughby's rear wheel with her front.

ForkinGreat

Knows his Brassica oleracea
Yes, sailing is in the Paras, and given the various classifications, it is very possible that there may be eye patches and peg-legs! Not sure about boarding parties though.
Swashbuckling sea battles with boarding parties and water cannon needs to be an olympic event for the next games.
It could be Battle Royale style: last team of pirates standing/hobbling wins the gold medal. or a modest treasure chest of olympic doubloons (one for each pirate on the team):D

The Duckmeister

Has a juicy midrange
Pretty ordinary day for the 49er crews. Tess Lloyd/Jaime Ryan scored 15th, 11th & 20th, leaving them 14th overall after 9 races. 13 points away from 10th and a spot in the medal race with three races remaining. Seven points separate the Top Four, so it's still a tight series.

Phillips brothers had a shitter, with 16th, DSQ for a starting infringement, and 18th, putting them 11th overall, also with three races to go. They're only 5 points behind 10th, so still in for a chance of a medal race appearance, but way out of medal contention. The Top 3 are currently tied on points, so ranked on countback, and 4th is only five points back, so also very tight at the pointy end.

The big boys and flying cats had a rest day today.

ausdb

Being who he is
Jess Fox Aussie gold in the women's whitewater canoe :p
Was a pomme originally, until the invite to the sunny life.
Gold for Oz !
Froggie by birth actually, her mum is a French world champion paddler and dad a pommie world champion paddler. It's pretty amazing they ended up in Oz.

Boom King

downloaded a pic of moorey's bruised arse
Pretty ordinary day for the 49er crews. Tess Lloyd/Jaime Ryan scored 15th, 11th & 20th, leaving them 14th overall after 9 races. 13 points away from 10th and a spot in the medal race with three races remaining. Seven points separate the Top Four, so it's still a tight series.

Phillips brothers had a shitter, with 16th, DSQ for a starting infringement, and 18th, putting them 11th overall, also with three races to go. They're only 5 points behind 10th, so still in for a chance of a medal race appearance, but way out of medal contention. The Top 3 are currently tied on points, so ranked on countback, and 4th is only five points back, so also very tight at the pointy end.

The big boys and flying cats had a rest day today.
Doesn't Matthew Wearn have an unassailable lead in Lasers, therefore assuring gold?

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
Off topic follow up. Seems Muck-Off are in damage control.
Against Commencal 21 team manager Charlie Julia.
Still sponsoring Amurys team, Commencal Muck-off.
Funding an education program for Amury on how to speak English without offending people.

moorey

call me Mia
Against Commencal 21 team manager Charlie Julia.
Still sponsoring Amurys team, Commencal Muck-off.
Funding an education program for Amury on how to speak English without offending people.
I mean, who even knows in this day and age that the N word is offensive?