Tokyo 2020

Art Vanderlay

Hourly daily
Anyone have a better recommendation for watching the xc than channel 7?
I watched the road cycling stream on 7+. Was ok as you pick what you want to watch instead of 7 going back and forth between cycling, backwards rowing and cry stories. Though some weird ads did start to creep in towards the end of the race. I think the commentary was NZ but we can’t have everything…

ForkinGreat

Knows his Brassica oleracea
There are a few events that would be spiced up by some random assassinations surprise eliminations. if one rider was whacked from the main peleton every lap, it would encourage more exciting racing, with more attempts to form breakaways :D
Other sports could benefit by introducing an element of chaos. certain officials for the walking could go rogue on command and fling a variety of random unpleasant substances at the competitors.
Extra sharks for the triathlon ....
pissed off stingrays for the synchronized swimming...
etc...
NFI for the MTB XC. that rock garden looks like a gnarly enough challenge on it's own.

There would have to be a LOT of prize-money in the offing though. Got to make the Risk vs Reward worth the hassle.

Last edited:

Art Vanderlay

Hourly daily
Women’s road race, cmon Grace Brown. Form had been good, here’s hoping her crash a few weeks ago doesn’t hinder her chances

leitch

Feelin' a bit rrranty
Yeah, another great race. Massive props to Kiesenhofer, it was the Dutch team’s race to lose with Vollering, Vos, van Vleuten and van der Breggen… and they lost it! Bittersweet with the reports that the race radio wasn’t reporting the break properly to the team cars so no one in the peloton even knew Kiesenhofer was off the front, but she still put in a huge effort. Great race.

creaky

XMAS Plumper
I watched the last 20ks of the women’s race. Figured the chase group had just conceded they weren’t going for gold anymore…but obviously not. Great ride from the Austrian, you could see she absolutely buried herself for the gold. She looked like she was having a bloody seizure after crossing though!

ForkinGreat

Knows his Brassica oleracea
The Dutch girl thinking she'd won the Womans road race gold as she crossed the line in second, unaware of the Austrian that crossed the line 1km up the road......

Both heartbreaking and more than mildly amusing at the same time.
yeah, I was wondering why the Dutch woman raised her arms in victory.