Tokyo 2020

creaky

XMAS Plumper
If you watch one thing today, watch the replay of the Women's Speed climbing Final.... W.T.F

Ended up watching all the bouldering and lead aswell. Which was pretty crazy too.
That speed climbing is wild! Sure the purists hate it but great viewing.

rockmoose

his flabber is totally gastered
Speed climbing is not climbing. It is a vertical sprinting event. At least in Paris it will be a separate event, so all the dopers can fill their boots.

I only found out last night, from one of the girls I climb with, who was the US speed champion a few years ago, that the speed route is standardised. It is the same grade 22 route anywhere you go.

How boring would that be?

I'm just glad Janja won, as she is a climbing phenomenon, and Akio got a bronze medal in her final climb before retirement.

Sent from my SM-G780F using Tapatalk

Mr Crudley

Glock in your sock
That speed climbing is wild! Sure the purists hate it but great viewing.
Yep, it is great event. Wipes the floor with synchronised swimming any day of the week.

One slip and it is all over. I can't put my shoes on in the same time that they can scale a wall.

creaky

XMAS Plumper
Huge shout out to my fellow country ladies, who absolutely obliterated the field in the Madison last night. Not even close! Well done to Laura Kenny and katie Archibald. Touch of the cap to HOPE too. What a bike!
I thought I’d said Hope on their frame, but then went ‘nah’.

rockmoose

his flabber is totally gastered
Actually, I think you've struck a genius idea for new biathlon events.

DH/Bouldering, and XC/lead climbing.

Perhaps make it a triathlon with some incarnation of the previously mentioned synchronised horse petting?

Sent from my SM-G780F using Tapatalk

beeb

Dr. Beebenson, PhD HA, ST, Offset (hons)
Anyone know what the game at the Paralympics they're showing on 7mate currently is? It's like 3-a-side water polo for blind people but without the water. It's bewildering and I'm kind of fascinated.