Tokyo 2020

moorey

call me Mia
Am I bad person for clicking on news stories for women's beach volleyball just for the photos.
Purely as a fan of the female form, not a lecherous old man….volleyballers have looooooong been the pick of the bunch for physique. Naturally healthy looking, not muscular. Whatever floats your boat. Muscles on anyone are not my bag.

Asininedrivel

caviar connoisseur
Purely as a fan of the female form, not a lecherous old man….volleyballers have looooooong been the pick of the bunch for physique. Naturally healthy looking, not muscular. Whatever floats your boat. Muscles on anyone are not my bag.
Plus they're all tall....

cokeonspecialtwodollars

Fartes of Portingale
Final sailing report. :p

The 470s brought the regatta to a close, fittingly the last class to sail because it's their final Olympic appearance.

In the Men's race, after a suitably safe start, Belcher/Ryan seemingly took a "why just beat 'em when you can really smash 'em" approach, and moved through the fleet taking the lead by about 1/3 distance, and not letting it go for the rest of the race. Gold by a healthy 22 points. Swedes Anton Dahlberg/Fredrik Bergstrom took 2nd on the water to comfortably take Silver. Jordi Xammar/Nicolas Rodriguez Garcia-Paz of Spain finished 5th on the water, which gave them just enough breathing space to hold off the Kiwis Paul Snow-Hansen/Dan Willcox for bronze, who although finished third in the race, trailed by just two points in the end.

In the Women's fleet, GBR' Hanna Mills/Eilidh McIntyre sailed a conservative mid-fleet race, finishing 5th which still left them with a 16-point margin over both 2nd & 3rd. Polish crew Agnieszka Skrzypulec/Jolanta Ogar finished 4th on the water, which tied them on points with French crew Camille Lecointre/Aloise Retornaz, who placed 6th, the higher finish place breaking the tie in favour of the Poles.

The 470 holds a place in Olympic history as the first class to run a separate Women's event, at Seoul in 1988. Prior to that, sailing was an "open" sport, where men & women competed together, although female involvement was low.
Fun fact for you @The Duckmeister, I don't follow sailing so was surprised today when I found out I work with Will and Jamie's father.

rockmoose

his flabber is totally gastered
She made bouldering looks effortless when in reality it is far from it! I didn't watch the lead quali, but it looks like she nailed that one as well. Shame she didn't do well on the speed climb. Can't wait for the men final later and women final tomorrow!
Well, the men's final was exciting to the very last second.

Damn shame Ondra misses out on the gold he deserves, as the best climber ever.

Sent from my SM-G780F using Tapatalk