Tokyo 2020

The Duckmeister

Has a juicy midrange
RS:X Sailboards concluded their main series today. Rest day tomorrow, and the Top 10 go into the double points medal races on Saturday. In the women's class only six points separate the Top 3 - Yunxiu Lu (CHN) on 30, Emma Wilson (GBR) 34 and Charline Picon (FRA) 36 - so there is room for those places to change, but with 4th place Marta Maggetti (ITA) 22 points adrift on 58, it's impossible for anyone else to break into a podium place.

In the Men's fleet, Dutchman Kiran Badloe has to massively fuck up to lose the gold, with a 19 point lead going into the final it's near enough to sealed. However it's a tight one for silver & bronze, with only five points separating the next three - Thomas Goyard (FRA), 52pt, Mattia Camboni (ITA), 54, Piotr Myszka (POL), 57, although China's Kun Bi (67pt) and UK's Tom Squires (68) are within striking distance.

The Duckmeister

Has a juicy midrange
In other sailing updates, Will & Sam Phillips in the 49er (fast boat) dropped to 8th overall, with 13th & 17th in today's races. Jake Lilley placed 7th & 9th in the Finn (Men's fat boat), also for 8th on the progressive score in that class. Mara Stransky in the Laser Radial (Women's little boat) behaved better on the start in the day's second race, but 24th place drops her to 20th overall. With two races remaining in the general series and a huge points gap, it's improbable that she'll jump into the Top 10 to contest the medal race.

At current standing, we have two Very Good medal contenders, and two Outside Possibilities for Sailing medals.

creaky

XMAS Plumper
LTIH ....

Aussie BMX racer Saya Sakakibara, whose brother had life changing BMX crash recently, has been stretchered off after a crash apparently as a result of being hit from behind by Alise Willoughby who is Sam Willoughby's wife.

What a shit fest.

birddog69

Likes Bikes and Dirt
LTIH ....

Aussie BMX racer Saya Sakakibara, whose brother had life changing BMX crash recently, has been stretchered off after a crash apparently as a result of being hit from behind by Alise Willoughby who is Sam Willoughby's wife.

What a shit fest.
Lots of carnage in the Women's racing today.

B Rabbit

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Offf, they were both very hard hits. BMX is scary.
Only seen a dodgy YouTube replay but the US girl seemed to get very close for not much reason, 1 and 2 into the last corner in a semi final (if what I’ve read is correct ), why risk it? Rubbing is racing and all, but that looked a little silly and now someone is munted.

The Duckmeister

Has a juicy midrange
4th & 3rd for Belcher/Ryan in today's 470 races, but importanly ahead of the nearest overall contenders, so now lead by a handy 11 points.

Mara Stransky in the Laser Radial found the lighter conditions much more suitable, with 3rd and a win to complete her regatta in 14th.

Jerwood/de Vries in the 470W finished 19th in both races, currently sitting 15th overall.

PINT of Stella. mate!

Many, many Scotches
4th & 3rd for Belcher/Ryan in today's 470 races, but importanly ahead of the nearest overall contenders, so now lead by a handy 11 points.

Mara Stransky in the Laser Radial found the lighter conditions much more suitable, with 3rd and a win to complete her regatta in 14th.

Jerwood/de Vries in the 470W finished 19th in both races, currently sitting 15th overall.
Is sailing also an event in the Paralympics? If so, please tell me that there is at least one competitor with an eye-patch and/or peg-leg!

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
The 13yr old Rayssa 'Little Fairy' Leal who won silver for Brazil in the skateboarding gets her nickname patented by stranger Lawyer in Brazil and given to her on return.

She earned the nickname age 6 when performing a 'fairytail heelflip' which was shared by Tony Hawk.

The lawyer searched it after her Silver medal in Tokyo and when it was not registered, she registered it for her.

moorey

call me Mia
The 13yr old Rayssa 'Little Fairy' Leal who won silver for Brazil in the skateboarding gets her nickname patented by stranger Lawyer in Brazil and given to her on return.

She earned the nickname age 6 when performing a 'fairytail heelflip' which was shared by Tony Hawk.

The lawyer searched it after her Silver medal in Tokyo and when it was not registered, she registered it for her.

As I started to read, I thought it was going to be someone stealing her move and patenting it so she couldn’t use it…. I hate that being my first thought these days.
Happy days.

The Duckmeister

Has a juicy midrange
Matt Wearn wrapped up the Men's Laser series - and in fact the Gold Medal - with 12th & 8th places, clearly not liking today's lighter weather. Kontides (CYP) had a shocker in the last race and slipped to 4th overall behind Tomasgaard (NOR) and Croatian Tonci Stipanovic. With a 22 point lead over Norwegian, Wearn has an unbeatable lead, making Sunday's Medal Race a playoff for the scraps.