tMTBs Ep 16 Farkin.net the birth of...

top_dog

Likes Dirt
The ep16 Itunes downloaded is actually ep14. The name, description etc is for ep16, but the audio is ep14.

Viv92

Eats Squid
Right click the link that ends in .mp3: http://forums.farkin.net/showthread.php?t=127481

Best episode ever. I really liked that one. :D I never thought Scott spent 50 hours a week making this place go. I didn't really put mtb'er and computer gamer together either...

Very funny about farkin.com... I never even knew that was a site. Pervs... :p

Why did you decide to host the mtb website on the farkin name? I wouldn't have guessed how it got its name though. You've cursed us with a million different variations of the same lame joke in the meet the farkers forum.

Who would have thought farkin lived in Texas?

The chat rocks, and so does the live race coverage. It's awesome to have that this year. Top work.

scratchy

Farkin Activist
OK, I'll look into the episode 14 thingy:

Update, Yes I fugged it again, one line of code which means the people getting it automatically off iTunes will get the wrong episode. Reload it, it's now the correct one.

Sorry

Dammit!

To make it up to you, here is a video of the show that inspired Scott to use the word Farkin!

[/QUOTE]
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M-W8G1yrWQ4

Last edited:

Sam.

Eats Squid
Again nice effort, Scratchy. Scott, sounds like one hell of an espcape artist you have too! I cant help you with any ideas keeping him/her (cant remember :S) in, but we have a neighbour hood dog that does the same thing. He even takes himself for a walk around the same route everyday, and has done for the past four years!

Scott

bAdmin
Staff member
Holy crap, Fuzzy lives! And your post count is even higher than I remember....

I've built yet another side fence to keep the dog in and ordered a network webcam so I can check that he's in the yard from work.

Short of putting him in a giant bubble, I'm not sure I can keep him in forever.... I have to break him, before he breaks me... muahah

top_dog

Likes Dirt
If you've got a picket fence, tie a 2L milk bottle to a lead, and then his neck. That way when he jumps the fence, the milk bottle will catch and he will have to sit there and wait, bored 'til you get home. Worked for our dog.

Elbo

pesky scooter kids git off ma lawn
Great episode Scratchy, and it was great to get some background info on the workings of the site Scott. I never realised how much really goes into it, so thanks mate.

Just on a technical note Scratchy, I found it hard to listen to with headphones due to your voice being only in my right ear and Scott's only in my left. If Left and Right channels were both equal it would be much easier to listen to. (Unless this is just a problem at my end). Also, the talking could be a little bit louder overall, I find myself cranking up the iPod and then getting blasted by the next song when tMTBs finishes.
Thanks,

Eliot.

scratchy

Farkin Activist
Just on a technical note Scratchy, I found it hard to listen to with headphones due to your voice being only in my right ear and Scott's only in my left.
Eliot.
Sorry, normally the last step I do is switch it over to mono for that reason. Glad I don't get paid to do this, I'm crap at remembering the steps!

tegski

Likes Dirt
Dog escape solution

Went to the USA last Christmas - Very nice area outside of Philly had beautiful lawns and no fences on the roads with dogs wandering around and barking at all passers by. Asked my brother why dogs don't all get run over (American dogs easier to train?!) The secret was a buried low voltage wire at the perimeter of the garden and a collar that beeps the dog very loudly when they get too close. The wire is buried and flags mark the perimeter when new (saw them) and they say it only takes a few days for the dogs to learn their area. Then they stay "inside" - works really well as we used to go for walks with dogs, both friendly and unfriendly running up and coming to a halt before their "fence".
There's a techie solution!