toodles

Wheel size expert
Front: Intense 2.7 (not rich - came on bike) 12-14 psi

Rear: Maxxis Mobster 2.7, 22-25psi

Dice rims, XC tube front , DH tube rear

Ride_Guy

Likes Bikes and Dirt
DH bike

Front: Tioga white tiger 2.5 i think the best conering tyre ever!

Rear: Maxxis minion 2.35 ramped knobs rolls fast digs in well for braking

Jump bike

Front: Duro wildlife 3.0"

Rear: Maxxis high roller 24" x 2.70" super tacky

danncam

Likes Dirt
Big grave dig as this thread is what turned up when I put "tire pressure" into the search bar.
Had a nice solo ride at Silvan again, and the odd bit of trail was slightly greasy clay. I believe come wet winter weather much of Silvan kinda ends up wet greasy clay.
Any thoughts, opinions or experience out there about whether tire pressures should go up, down or stay the same to maximize traction on clay-ish trails?

Tubbsy

Packin' a small bird
Staff member
Big grave dig as this thread is what turned up when I put "tire pressure" into the search bar.
Had a nice solo ride at Silvan again, and the odd bit of trail was slightly greasy clay. I believe come wet winter weather much of Silvan kinda ends up wet greasy clay.
Any thoughts, opinions or experience out there about whether tire pressures should go up, down or stay the same to maximize traction on clay-ish trails?
You may have misspelled 'tyre' when searching, here is a more up to date thread:

Flow-Rider

Burner
Americano spelling of *tire.

You'll want to find tyres that will shed the clay mud away in the wet. I usually lower the tyre pressure a few psi to get traction over rocks and logs because the clay can act like soap and make you slide all over the place.

danncam

Likes Dirt
You may have misspelled 'tyre' when searching, here is a more up to date thread:

Thanks, clearly I was too lazy to try both spellings.