Time Xpresso

DMan

shawly the least hangeriest guy on rotorburn
Does anyone run Xpresso pedals and if so is the float better than Shimano SPDs with yellow cleats (Biggest float they do)?

DMan

Used to. Float is better/ different to Shimano/ Look retention
Running Time on the MTBs and my wife is finding her Shimanos are hurting her knees on the trainer. I swapped her Times from the MTB and they were better so I'm presuming Xpresso would be similar in style of float and release...

bear the bear

Is a real bear
Running Time on the MTBs and my wife is finding her Shimanos are hurting her knees on the trainer. I swapped her Times from the MTB and they were better so I'm presuming Xpresso would be similar in style of float and release...
There is more of a spring-like feel to the float, where if you float your heel in either direction the pedal wants to correct it. As said it is very hard to describe and unlike other brands in terms of the float.

Oddjob

Merry fucking Xmas to you assholes
Time had some issues a while back with their road pedals. They would presumably be fixed now but it would be worth checking roadbike review etc.

Looks offer a 15° float cleat but the cleats can be a bit shit to walk around in.

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
The problem with float on road cleats is they lock your foot in hard till you reach that float 'clip out'

I used to run the biggest float on LOOK reds at 15°, then went to grey 6°, then black 0°. The only issue with black is you need to get your cleats 100% fitted, then they unclip with any sideways movement.

I ended up like a turtle, upside down in front of 100 motorists using reds, they were very amused... I was slightly humoured ;)

Black were my favourite when they got dialled in.

Have rode TIME on MTB for 12yrs.

DMan

The problem with float on road cleats is they lock your foot in hard till you reach that float 'clip out'

I used to run the biggest float on LOOK reds at 15°, then went to grey 6°, then black 0°. The only issue with black is you need to get your cleats 100% fitted, then they unclip with any sideways movement.

I ended up like a turtle, upside down in front of 100 motorists using reds, they were very amused... I was slightly humoured ;)

Black were my favourite when they got dialled in.

Have rode TIME on MTB for 12yrs.
The TIME road pedals use the same Clic system as the mtb pedals from what I understand? And they have a great release. Much nicer than Shimano...

DMan

@DMan I was expecting to read a thread about a mobile coffee machine for the van. :D
Lol. I wish. Still in the shop. Nothing like waiting 5 months for a diesel additive pump and tank.....
Just think of all the ad ons I could have in it by now!

Boom King

downloaded a pic of moorey's bruised arse
I had time pedals on my road bike 9 years ago and loved them, don't remember the model but they had good float and fixed the knee soreness I was getting. I'm currently using Time X10's on my roadie, love them too.

DMan

I had time pedals on my road bike 9 years ago and loved them, don't remember the model but they had good float and fixed the knee soreness I was getting. I'm currently using Time X10's on my roadie, love them too.
Cool, Thanks Boom. I'm going to get a pair.