Thread up bottom bracket options for Race Face cinch cranks

creaky

XMAS Plumper
Hey All,

Had a set of race face next sl cranks (30mm cinch) in a PF30 frame for a few years and had great luck with one bottom bracket but got the creak with the current one.

What ‘thread together’ or expanding collet bottom bracket options are there that are compatible with the cinch cranks?

Hope?
Wheels mfg?

Mywifesirrational

I however am very normal. Trust me.
I can't help directly, but I have a Wheels MFG on a gravel bike, PF30 - but running 24mm shimano cranks and quality wise its been fantastic, initially after 2-300km's developed a creak, but my error in not ensuring it was tight enough, been perfect since (3k old and going strong). Quality seems excellent.

Otherwise I am running x2 Hope BB's with Next SL's and Sixc's, one BSA and one PF (what ever rocky mountain is, can't remember), both have also been faultless, not enough time on the hope PF to know how durability long term will be, no issues so far. The hope BSA is 5 years old and still doing great.

Nambra

Definitely should have gone to specsavers
Wheels MFG www says outer bearing width is 89mm in a 68mm shell, so this BB has outboard bearings. Does your current BB have outboard bearings too? Also:

Note: Spindle length must be 103mm or longer when used in a 68mm wide shell, 108mm or longer when used in a 73mm wide shell.

Park Tool BBT-29 is $32 from Pushys too. I’m not 100% sure on your compatibility question, but does the RF 30mm crank have spacers & wavy washers? That Wheels MFG BB has AC bearings so I’d be thinking it will need preload.

creaky

XMAS Plumper
Thanks @Nambra
Cranks have an alloy preload adjusters ring.

Will have to measure the current bb / cranks. Currently shagged from a 1300m / 50k mtb ride then cutting down an 8m high (dead) avo tree.
Time for a rum.

Nambra

Definitely should have gone to specsavers
I’m about 4 cans ahead of you @creaky... actually I’ve just looked at your Pushys link and the photo shows the wheelsmfg part number as PF30-THD, which is the one with inboard bearings - I’ve given you a bum steer. The outboard bearings version is PF30-OUT. Might still pay to measure. Why is it I make more sense after a few cans...

Minlak

custom titis
It’s pretty simple... do your press for bearings sit out side the frame or inside the frame? If inside get the inside one. If outside get the outside one :) Or throw a picture up of your current bb in your bike :)