There's going to be more than one..

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
@ozzybmx when his arrives.
Hmmm... was told late 'next week', that was last week and late next week is today :rolleyes:

Actually better than that, was told December, then Jan, then Feb, now looking like March.
Sold my SC Hightower late November in anticipation of a December ship and possibly Dec/Jan delivery.

Deviate Scotland is using the Aus importers to 'Trans-Ship' my frame, I dont know if its went direct from place of manufacture or they have got delivery in Scotland and are now shipping to Aus with one of the frames packaged for me.

Anyhow, the shipment has not even arrived in Aus according to Ben last night. Even when it does, it then has to be shipped internally.

Yeah its a covid world and everything is delayed but still a bit pissed its 3 months since the original deposit and given delivery date... and that was already a world with 9 months covid experience where realistic timeframes could be predicted semi-precisely.

The Reverend

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Hmmm... was told late 'next week', that was last week and late next week is today :rolleyes:

Actually better than that, was told December, then Jan, then Feb, now looking like March.
Sold my SC Hightower late November in anticipation of a December ship and possibly Dec/Jan delivery.

Deviate Scotland is using the Aus importers to 'Trans-Ship' my frame, I dont know if its went direct from place of manufacture or they have got delivery in Scotland and are now shipping to Aus with one of the frames packaged for me.

Anyhow, the shipment has not even arrived in Aus according to Ben last night. Even when it does, it then has to be shipped internally.

Yeah its a covid world and everything is delayed but still a bit pissed its 3 months since the original deposit and given delivery date... and that was already a world with 9 months covid experience where realistic timeframes could be predicted semi-precisely.
That's a lot longer than I'd be prepared to wait. Granted, it's lovely. Which colour are you going for, Skye Blue?

Hoping when you get it you've got all the items ready to build it up.

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
That's a lot longer than I'd be prepared to wait. Granted, it's lovely. Which colour are you going for, Skye Blue?

Hoping when you get it you've got all the items ready to build it up.
Med Skye Blue.

Yeah had 95% of the parts since Dec, just a couple of bits trickled in on Jan but I have parts here that would have done in the meantime.
Measured rims/hubs before ordering spokes and the elusive XT rear derailleur was a late entry.

Actually had the whole build kit here that long now, I'm starting to change my mind and upgrade already :p

Wheels are built, tyres, cassette and rotors fitted... might even service the fuck'n fork and shock as I've owned them for nearly 4 months ;)

The Reverend

Likes Bikes and Dirt
First ride in.
Just fettling and tweaking.

First things I noticed.
It pedals well. Could be new bike stoke of course but for a bike of this travel, spec and heft it is very dignified as I've heard it said.

That rear is something else. Rough sections just melt under your tyres. Again, it could be the coil but my Remedy which was 170mm / 150mm and running Lyrik RC2 and Factory X2 felt good but this is ridiculously good. Leagues better.

170mm might be a touch much for the front. Had to put effort into weighting that on corners.

It's not as peppy as my Prime. Coil is definitely making that happen.

The Kitsuma coil trail settings really work. Trail and Firm are just that. Firm is like hardtail firm. Not joking.

Idler / drivetrain is a little more vocal bit that could be my set up as it was skipping gears by the time I got home. Reset it and dropped a few links and it's back on fire again.

Still have a lot of personalising to do but I'm really liking this addition. It's far enough away from the Prime to make sense to keep it.

May have to get a coil for the Prime now to see if the X2 can be bettered.

yuley95

soft-arse Yuley is on the lifts again
First ride in.
Just fettling and tweaking.

First things I noticed.
It pedals well. Could be new bike stoke of course but for a bike of this travel, spec and heft it is very dignified as I've heard it said.

That rear is something else. Rough sections just melt under your tyres. Again, it could be the coil but my Remedy which was 170mm / 150mm and running Lyrik RC2 and Factory X2 felt good but this is ridiculously good. Leagues better.

170mm might be a touch much for the front. Had to put effort into weighting that on corners.

It's not as peppy as my Prime. Coil is definitely making that happen.

The Kitsuma coil trail settings really work. Trail and Firm are just that. Firm is like hardtail firm. Not joking.

Idler / drivetrain is a little more vocal bit that could be my set up as it was skipping gears by the time I got home. Reset it and dropped a few links and it's back on fire again.

Still have a lot of personalising to do but I'm really liking this addition. It's far enough away from the Prime to make sense to keep it.

May have to get a coil for the Prime now to see if the X2 can be bettered.
I’ve not changed the travel on my Durolux but apparently it’s pretty straight forward and you dont need any replacement parts. Just open it up and add/remove a spacer

The Reverend

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I’ve not changed the travel on my Durolux but apparently it’s pretty straight forward and you dont need any replacement parts. Just open it up and add/remove a spacer
Apparently according to Suntour, with the latest version I have it needs a new airshaft. I'll see how it rides. This morning it was beautiful, right up until I threw myself on the ground and split my elbow. 2nd ride.

FFS. Anyway, the bike is completely fine and I'll have some weeks to stare at it whilst healing.

The bike feels amazing though.

The Reverend

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Oh no! Hope you heal up quick. I have a spare set to 160mm if you want to try before you make the investment in a new air shaft (I think you are in Melbourne??)
Thanks mate, it's going to be a while I think. I also have two forks at 160mm to try if I need to.
I'd probably go 150mm on the Paradox, then take the 160 from that and put it on the Highlander.

Anyway, looks like surgery for me to tidy this mess up so I've a little while to ponder it.

Two surgeries on or around the maiden ride of a new bike makes me wonder which cat I kicked in a past life...

The Reverend

Likes Bikes and Dirt
@The Reverend how did you size the chain?
I got in contact with Ben directly. He advised me that with my gearing a standard 116link chain would work. It's been fine but it seemed tight on first vear.

I've used another chain I had and added about 10 more links and it was too long, cut that down to about 5 and it's perfect.

You'd need 126 links with 38/51 gearing.

And in better news, whilst the elbow was a mess. You really don't want to see it. It's all been sewn up and I'm 2 weeks away from riding again.

Even one aborted proper ride down I can see huge promise. The climbing is excellent, but overall trail manners are exceptional. You don't notice how much pedal kickback we all experience and accept in everyday riding.

atty

Has excellent taste.
I must have pinned @atty with a million questions. (I owe you a craft ale for sure!)
39 questions to be exact haha.

You definitely made a good choice, as you ride it even more you'll be amazed with what it can do.

Not sure about the blue bars and wheels. Might just go black everywhere.
The deviate is already a loud bike, I call it the conversation starter. The blue will take it to the next level; do it.