The youtube and google video thread (MTB and non-MTB vids)

fatboyonabike

Captain oblivious
Yep, main road up into the Watagans...still on the blacktop, looks to be about half way up
gonna be a while before we can all go wheelin up the mountains again, roads were already fcuked from the last lot of shitty weather we had a few months ago

cokeonspecialtwodollars

Fartes of Portingale

Crappy screenshot from a video but it got worse overnight. Also can confirm that it's just after the Faulk Line trail head so no access to the Biraban trail or Monkey DH trail until it gets fixed, which I can imagine won't be in the foreseeable future.

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
If the length of time it took to fix the road up mount Sugarloaf is anything to go by...might be time to find a new home for the club.
I dont know anything about the area but unless there's logging dollars up that road, good luck ever getting it fixed.

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
I don't know about current times, but certainly a lot of logging in the area a long time ago.
Well for the MTBers, I hope there is still some valuable timber up there.

About 10yrs ago the Grampians got a massive gut full of rain in a few days and it washed away parts of Silverband Falls rd, I reckon it was 2yrs before that road got opened again and it was a major Tourist loop with attractions on it.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Well for the MTBers, I hope there is still some valuable timber up there.

About 10yrs ago the Grampians got a massive gut full of rain in a few days and it washed away parts of Silverband Falls rd, I reckon it was 2yrs before that road got opened again and it was a major Tourist loop with attractions on it.

I think sugarloaf was closed for about a year after a chunk of the road up was washed away. Nothing up there except for some antenna towers and a picnic area.

Chriso_29er

Likes Bikes and Dirt

mike14

Likes Bikes and Dirt

Really makes me want to get a van, take extended leave and just ride (and also convince all my mates to get of their arses and ride again)