The You Yangs Thread

Zam

Likes Dirt
After having only been to Lysterfield as I live about 20mins away, I travelled down the hwy to Youies the other weekend, and what an awesome experience, the trails were awesome, nice fast flowing, well maintained trails, such a pity I live so far away from there, but I think since I have done the trip I am going to have to make the effort to head down a bit more from now on....

Knuckles

Lives under a bridge
Still sexy,and still didn't answer my question. What is it?

Also, you've had some nasty looking bars.

Big JD

Wheel size expert
Hey Big JD - that second pic you posted, what trail is that? I do not recognise it.
it was part of what is now called Lactic Acid. it used to loop around onto a big smooth rock face that was super quick to descend and an edge of your saddle/grip climb. It is still there above the three tight switchbacks after the rock garden about 1/3 of the way down. Well spotted rhino

Knuckles

Lives under a bridge
you mean spirited bastard- no wonder Moorey dislikes you
I was merely likening you to Thor's Hammer. Man Mountain, meets mountain........mountain comes off second best.

The place is quite likely littered with divots approximately the shape of my head or arse.

Big JD

Wheel size expert
I was merely likening you to Thor's Hammer. Man Mountain, meets mountain........mountain comes off second best.

The place is quite likely littered with divots approximately the shape of my head or arse.
sure little buddy- thor my ar$e

anyone recognise the spot?

Big JD

Wheel size expert
Yep I reckon that's where the old endings of trails 7 and 10 merged.
yeap you got it Mr Dog- that's Travs and the old downhill. Remember if you hit it hard enough the trail dropped away and you could land into that descent?

DoubleD

Likes Dirt
I've been riding the No Frills Friday series run by Geelong MBC down at the Youies. Starts 7pm down there. First half of the season is around Kurrajong, second half over at Stockyards. It's great fun, extremely welcoming even for novices and a fantastic skills and fitness workout. I head down from St Kilda Rd at 5pm each Friday, freak out at the traffic over the Westgate, but always seem to get there on time for registration and a warm-up.

There were 70 riders down there on Friday. For $10 I can't recommend it highly enough.

slowmick

38-39"
spent a glorious morning out at the you yangs today. Always worth the drive from the east. the updates on Cressy are awesome. so much fun. just need more balls to hit the doubles at the end of the trail. no doubt hitting them would make the trail flow brilliantly. that said it's amazing even taking the b line.