The Woodwork thread

silentbutdeadly

has some good things to say
Some old furniture projects...and the next big exercise in wood (rebuilding this wall so that it can fit two windows to match the openings below and not leak air like an old tarpaulin).

And then there's a shipping container full of recycled timber ready to make a kitchen, a staircase and some other built-in joinery...

moorey

call me Mia
Well....should have used GoPro on maiden turned bowl. Got it shaped how I wanted, 80% done, fine tuning it and a hairline crack bit the tool, kicked back, almost broke my hand and destroyed the bowl. Leaving it to Felix, my wood turning career is over.

Scotty675

Cable thief
Well....should have used GoPro on maiden turned bowl. Got it shaped how I wanted, 80% done, fine tuning it and a hairline crack bit the tool, kicked back, almost broke my hand and destroyed the bowl. Leaving it to Felix, my wood turning career is over.
Don't let it beat you, get back on that horse, I mean get back on that lathe. Bet it scared the shit out of you.

ausdb

Being who he is
What sort of chisel were you using and were you turning the inside or outside?

link1896

Mr Greenfield
Spent the arvo making heavy duty drawers for the workshop using repurposed 18mm melamine boards. 3 down, 5 to go. No furniture grade pieces here unlike everyone else’s fine work

Fuck I hate my cheap biscuit joiner. I’ve a cordless ryobi angle grinder that will make a fine biscuit joiner I think.

Yes, some fucking idiot built a carport at the lower end of a driveway without a drain. On my list of shit to fix.

moorey

call me Mia
Don't let it beat you, get back on that horse, I mean get back on that lathe. Bet it scared the shit out of you.
Somewhat. Was numb and couldn’t move fingers for a few minutes.
Our blackwood probably isn’t a great starter wood. This was dry and brittle AF, and really tough grain in the section I used. Might have a play with something easier first up...when my hand recovers.

Freediver

I can go full Karen
Photos aren't really my thing but I finally took some and now the computer says no. The file size is to big, what's the best way of shrinking them?

moorey

call me Mia
Photos aren't really my thing but I finally took some and now the computer says no. The file size is to big, what's the best way of shrinking them?
When I upload from iphone, it automatically offers a resizing option. Can’t tell you about resizing from PC....

Nambra

Definitely should have gone to specsavers
Windows? Open in mspaint, use crop and/or resize functions.

Mac, who cares.