The Woodwork thread

Miguel75

Likes Dirt
This is nothing like what you guys are creating but it’s lit a woodworking fire in me.

My mate is a mad woodworker. He’s very sick at present and spends most days in the shed turning timber. I spent most of Friday in the shed with him dressing cutting boards and serving platters for Christmas presents. I was going to give this away but I fell in love with it.

It’s Blackwood, harvested from another friends land up near Drysdale...

Jpez

Down on the left!
Looks awesome. I think the average male's backyard project completion time is usually in the 20-30 year range anyway, so you're probably doing alright. ;)
This is true, I finished my extension about 18mths ago. - except for a section of cladding around the blindside which is still just wall wrapped, a custom rain head for the box gutter , tiles need repointing and the back deck and pergola and and. Ah fuck you get the picture.

downunderdallas

Likes Bikes and Dirt
This is true, I finished my extension about 18mths ago. - except for a section of cladding around the blindside which is still just wall wrapped, a custom rain head for the box gutter , tiles need repointing and the back deck and pergola and and. Ah fuck you get the picture.
Ha ha my extension is the same, except I finished it about 5 years ago and there is still a powercoated trim around a column and beam not installed and numerous bits of painting not finished !

Jpez

Down on the left!
Ha ha my extension is the same, except I finished it about 5 years ago and there is still a powercoated trim around a column and beam not installed and numerous bits of painting not finished !
It’s the usual story. I come home from doing carpentry. The last thing I want to spend my weekend doing is carpentry/building work. If I had any sense I’d pay someone to finish it. Would at least stop the misses from asking when the fancy architectural pergola I waxed lyrical about one day when I was excited about the project is going to be built.

Scotty675

Cable thief
Time to start a new project

Jpez

Down on the left!
I did the kitchen 6 years ago. Over Christmas I got round to cutting fridge overhead doors. Can’t rush these things, Mrs now wants to change the kitchen colours.
We are doing an extension this year, upstairs parents retreat. Should be completely finished by 2030.
Sounds like you and I are on the same wavelength!

Scotty675

Cable thief
The last thing I feel like doing when I come home from work and weekends is work on my own house. That’s why I have a bathroom teasingly close to finished (door stop and one tile trim), replaced all timber sashes bar 2, they are made, painted, hardware bought and the glass is still sitting behind the spare bedroom door where it has been for 5 years. Front fence half finished and a wardrobe filled but still missing one drawer front but that’s only been 4 1/2 year. The list goes on

ausdb

Being who he is
I strongly agree and relate to all of the recent posts on projects, unfortunately my wife doesn't.
I think I need to show her this thread....

silentbutdeadly

has some good things to say
Maybe...next week? Two weeks? Someday? One day there will be wood work in here that you can not only see but I can be proud of. In the meantime...