The weekly crits thread

akashra

Eats Squid
I thought maybe it could be a good idea to have a single point-of-call thread for riders to find out where weekly/regular racing occurs in all areas, so that people can both find races to attend locally, or when they go interstate.
If it's worthwhile to people, maybe this could make for a good sticky thread for this new subforum. I might do the same for the road forum if people consider this useful or worthwhile.

If people want to contribute posts below, I'll try keep this thread updated. Note this is for regular, weekly (or close to) racing.

Victoria
Garmin Dirt Crits - Westgate Park | Every Thursday 6:45pm | Westgate Park | Full Gas Promotions | Discussion thread
Garmin Dirt Crits - Lysterfield | Summer Wednesdays, 6:30pm | Lysterfield Park | Full Gas Promotions | Discussion thread
No Frills Fridays | Some Summer Fridays, 7pm, see website | You Yangs Regional Park | Geelong Mountain Bike Club | Discussion thread
Ballarat MTB Crits | Wednesday Nov-Dec 5:45pm | Canadian Forest | Ballarat-Sebastopol Cycling Club | Discussion thread

ACT
CORC Dirt Crits | Summer Thursdays 6pm | Various locations | Canberra Off Road Cyclists | Discussion thread

Others?

Last edited:

cleeshoy

Eats Squid
Sounds good Tim - only other thing I can think of adding is a link to the latest results and points score.

mmatrix

Likes Dirt
no frills fridays at You Yangs only summer and winter series NOT Every friday night.

Hi there.

thanks.

just confirming that ,

the No frills at the Youies is NOT every friday night. We run a summer and a winter series.
On Saturday the 3rd of december we are running a 3 hour Enduro which is a saturday morning. Therefore No "No Frills" racing friday Dec 2nd.2011

Also christmas break.

here are the confirmed dates.

thanks heaps

Also please check club web site and Facebook, as on extreme weather days the park is closed. ie. total fire ban extreme heat days that we sometimes get in Feb.

here are the dates

When? Nov 18, 25, Dec 9, 16, ( 2011 ) Jan 20, 27, Feb 3, 10, 17, 24, (2012)

www.gmbc.com.au

thanks So Much!

serowe

Likes Dirt
If I can offer a suggestion - rather than use this thread and individual messages in it to say this dates OK, that one's not etc - let Tim provide a link to a thread devoted to the event/series and he can keep that as the first message in the thread - easier for everyone to see and use if they don't know about the other threads. Not saying anyone is doing anything wrong here - but the simpler you can keep things, the better for all concerned.

(As for specific dates something isnt run, I'm sure every series/crit will have the same issue from time to time - expecially around the Christmas/New Year and Easter periods).