The Vintage Mountain Bike Thread.

safreek

True, if you are lucky then you might have something rare or desirable and then the punters will be beating down your door.
Its amazing how quickly the value of some of the older stuff goes up. This was for sale for 400 only a few days ago. 850 now

Rusty_68

say no to ooogamaflap
Very tempted by this beauty....must resist...incoming Ritchey...

Chriso_29er

Likes Bikes and Dirt

Looks magnificent, but my God that is a lot of doe for an old girl that's not even complete!

iconic

Likes Dirt

There was one sold locally (in Brisbane) for $1000aud the other week, was a purple coloured one. Was complete, but I don't know my retro stuff so wasn't game to offer big money. Seller had it up for offers, someone in VIC got it

Sent from my RMX2001 using Tapatalk

safreek

Put myself down for a vintage ride at Daisy hill, cancelled at the last minute due to a little bit of dampness after I got to brizzy.
Thought fuck it, still went for a ride and the tracks were fine. Glad I did it, probably some of the old fellas may ragret not doing it.

So many people on normal modern bikes having a ball. Has life become so serious that we can't go for a ride in the rain and mud on a vintage bike without worrying about getting it dirty.

Or did they just know I was coming and changed the venue :p

Photo of my Baby

moorey

call me Mia
Maybe they knew I was south Australian and got worried when I pulled out a tarp.

But seriously, I'm pretty sure that even someone like you would ride in a bit of dampness on a treasured orange.
Way to assume you know everyone else’s motives and reasons.

Some people are actually trying to preserve trails by not riding them wet. I don’t fear the damp…but I change WHERE I ride to suit the condition. Some tracks here are unaffected by rain, others get destroyed.

safreek

Way to assume you know everyone else’s motives and reasons.

Some people are actually trying to preserve trails by not riding them wet. I don’t fear the damp…but I change WHERE I ride to suit the condition. Some tracks here are unaffected by rain, others get destroyed.
Seems like a lot of people were out riding so assumed it was ok.
Way to assume I'm doing the wrong thing Mr preacher.
Is there nothing that you don't whinge about, seriously

Last edited:

safreek

I'd buy that in a shot, but can't get to brizzy. Totally sad emoticon face

heavyp

You heard it here first
Had the misfortune of rebuilding this recently. I now know what it feel like to be an archaeologist attempting to unearth something without damaging it. FML and fuck vintage bikes that aren't mine.View attachment 374268
Does anyone here know who owns this bike ? I have a question about it and I messages the guy who posted it but never heard anything back.