The Vintage Mountain Bike Thread.

safreek

Level Betty was one of the most fun bikes I ever rode. URT primitive but it was predictable and seemed to work just fine.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
They look pretty good, I only took the forks though. Too many framey projects and not enough forks, until now

Mr Crudley

Glock in your sock
My other half told me I was forked in the face, fortunately I don't bitch when new clothes come their way. Pretty smart really
Never hurts to keep a few credits squirreled away and ready to go for a surprise purchase. Once you have the go-ahead then don't look back :)

safreek

OK, sort of a good photo by my standards.
The Mr T in its partial glory, took a bit of time but have tracked down the top crown and stanchion and they are on the way. Turned out to be a rather expensive project considering the initial cost, could of bought a complete fork but old and cool is good. Once complete they will be going on the moto

HamboCairns

Thanks for all the bananas
If you won Lotto and could remake any vintage bike into a retro-modern version what would it be?

I think I'd have to go for a 29er Pace RC100 or Klein Ardroit Gator.

ashes_mtb

Has preferences
If you won Lotto and could remake any vintage bike into a retro-modern version what would it be?

Foes LTS
GT LTS
Mountain Cycles San Andreas
Mountain Cycles Moho

That would do me. GT RTS with more travel and idler would be sweet, but a lot of the current high pivots are basically that.

mik_git

Likes Bikes and Dirt

We'll a Xizang, but they did that... a Zaskar...they did that too... a Yo Eddy... they did that too (oooh and every other week I flip flop about buying one)... Ritchey P bike, they did that...and they still make A.R.C.'s... So really the only thing that hasn't come back that's on my list so far is the Attitude (HLF for me)...
when I day dream I think of getting Seven to make a 622m and put green decals on it like a raliegh Tomac...or yellow like a Nuke Proof ti/Carbon...