The Vintage Mountain Bike Thread.

Brett

Likes Dirt
I wish I had pictures of my old Trek 9200 and my old Ritchey P21... complete with bio pace chainrings.

Still have the ritchey frame at the parents place... might get them to send it down and see if I can build her up.

Dicky

Punter God
I wish I had pictures of my old Trek 9200 and my old Ritchey P21... complete with bio pace chainrings.

Still have the ritchey frame at the parents place... might get them to send it down and see if I can build her up.
Just a little bit jealous right now.
Mostly cos I wasn't old enough at the time.

DW-1

Dirt Works
My original 1992 model Mantis Pro Floater.

This pic from Woodford to Glenbrook 2006.

It's at home, still ridable too.

There is also another Pro Floater behind my desk. 1995 model with rear air shock and 1 1/8" headtube. (awaiting a build...)

Elvis.

Attachments

Last edited:

DW-1

Dirt Works
and some more old school stuff for ya'

no... not mine... but I figured old enough to be allowed in.

the silver one is a Crosstrac Sonoma. Circa' 1992, 4 inches of travel at each end. They made their own forks and rear shock too. (all air sprung... talk about leading the market)

The red one is a Salsa El Kaboing from 1989 (?). (I love that name). It has a Salsa cro-moly front triangle attached to an AMP Research rear suspension unit.

The purple one never saw production. It was made by Schwinn's high end division Paramount. (in... 1993?) The suspension was designed by Buell. (yes... the m/cycle guys)

Attachments

Last edited:

Turner_rider

Likes Bikes and Dirt
My original 1992 model Mantis Pro Floater.

This pic from Woodford to Glenbrook 2006.

It's at home, still ridable too.

There is also another Pro Floater behind my desk. 1995 model with rear air shock and 1 1/8" headtube. (awaiting a build...)

Elvis.
Any better photos? The pack doesn't aid the pic much...

Dicky

Punter God
^^^ Quite possibly the most awesome photo of Tomac ever.

This one's up there too.
Yes, those are roadie drop bars.

AngoXC

Wheel size expert
^^^ Quite possibly the most awesome photo of Tomac ever.

This one's up there too.
Yes, those are roadie drop bars.
Someone, on here, made a more modern rebuild of his drop bar bike. It was pure awesome.

Spanky_Ham

Porcinus Slappius
makes spanky want to try them there drop bars on a mountain bike....

spanky

p.s. anyone got one of those Tioga disk wheels, Spanky'd love to see one in the flesh.... just cause, well,he just dont understand WTF is going on with them....

Turner_rider

Likes Bikes and Dirt
p.s. anyone got one of those Tioga disk wheels, Spanky'd love to see one in the flesh.... just cause, well,he just dont understand WTF is going on with them....
Thats my disk drive pro I posted previously. M900 XTR hub with 90s ceramic Mavic rim and wheel bag. The disk is a bit tired but is still true. It look good on ye olde Gaterfade Klein and thats all that counts ;)

Turner_rider

Likes Bikes and Dirt
While all the young kiddies rave about their white bike parts etc, nothing beats a set of Kooka Rainbow cranks for pure bling either :D

Attachments

RCOH

Eats Squid
This is a 1997 Easton XC frame, albeit with more modern components and it is my current mountain bike (was originally lime green but chipped & scuffed so Grip redid it in blue)

This is my 1988 Specialized Rockhopper

and in fixie mode:

I stillhave the frame & forks in my garage - waitng for the right thing to do with it.