The stupid questions thread.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
While I'm on a roll with stupid questions...

Last week I did my laundry at work in the big heavy duty washer and dryer. I used the powder is always use at home because I didn't trust the work powder. I had way too much piled up with not enough time to do it at home and no fucking way was I wasting 2 sunny days on house work!

why the fuck are all my black t-shirts faded? And is there a way to restore that factory blackness without resorting to dye? Yes...99% of my wardrobe is black.

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
why the fuck are all my black t-shirts faded? And is there a way to restore that factory blackness without resorting to dye? Yes...99% of my wardrobe is black.
Aussie sun and even apparently good tee's these days all fade and pull out of shape.

New clothes day :p

Labcanary

One potato, two potato, click
While I'm on a roll with stupid questions...

Last week I did my laundry at work in the big heavy duty washer and dryer. I used the powder is always use at home because I didn't trust the work powder. I had way too much piled up with not enough time to do it at home and no fucking way was I wasting 2 sunny days on house work!

Get the dye out. Black clothes are very sensitive souls and don't like being pummeled in heavy duty/industrial machines.

When you wash your black clothing, wash and dry them inside out. I know, it's a shit having to turn them inside out only to have to turn them right way out again, but it does keep them blacker for longer.

fjohn860

Alice in diaperland
I knew I could count on you doctor @beeb enson. Than you. Now for a coffee and a second read of this...

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
You know he rides gravel bikes only right?
...and that is why he is a true academic of mountain bikes! I had hoped it was just a phase brought on by lockdown.

I'll have me a look.

Chriso_29er

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Going from about 67 in he head tube to 64...am I going to be driving a bus? Or will it retain or even enhance aggressive cornering and lip popping goodness?

Yours in a confused state of affairs...
I can't give as much insight as the doc, but have ridden a couple of modern slack trail bikes recently in the search for a possible new stable-mate to my 67deg Trance.

The one thing that surprised me was that with short offset forks they didn't feel slack at all. Nothing like I remember when trying older 2017-18ish enduro bikes with similar or even steeper head angles.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Get the dye out. Black clothes are very sensitive souls and don't like being pummeled in heavy duty/industrial machines.

When you wash your black clothing, wash and dry them inside out. I know, it's a shit having to turn them inside out only to have to turn them right way out again, but it does keep them blacker for longer.
But dye is messy and I'm sure I'll end up with an uneven "is that a dark tie dye?" patterns.

I'm all about preserving the darkness. Clothes all dry in the garage (though that is mostly because I'll never remember to get the off the line outside as the sheets on my bed currently attest to with their near even split of dark grey and faded grey with a sun bleached line where they were filed over the outdoor line for maybe 2 weeks a while ago), I'm a sucker for expensive powder, and I only tumble dry in the rarest of circumstances...such as last Sunday. I think I'll be bleach dipping a sleeve on all these to mark them as trail wear and starting fresh.

Another arse pain - today I discovered one of my favourite pair of sunglasses has a run mark on the lense right in the middle of my vision about 1/2 the size of a 5c coin. If anyone out there is looking to make some money it is time to invent a solution that runs on, buffs off, and repairs lenses. Think of all the douche bags like me with rooted sunnies, ski goggles, and so on.

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
Going from about 67 in he head tube to 64...am I going to be driving a bus?
So you are going XC or are you updating from a 2013 26er DH bike :p

My 120mm Spur is 66° HA and it's currently in XC mode with Barzos.

Bikes are getting slacker for the travel, they also ride pretty well considering what we thought they would ride like a few years ago.

HA is really no longer a big factor as long as it's not stupid, they are all going to be around <66.5° for anything other than full out XC.

Mr Crudley

Glock in your sock
Going from about 67 in he head tube to 64...am I going to be driving a bus? Or will it retain or even enhance aggressive cornering and lip popping goodness?
You will notice.
The TRC was 68 and the 5010 is 66. Kind of what you would expect, the 5010 feels more relaxed on the downy bits but just doesn't seem to have that love of sharp and fast turns as the TRc. Just different.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
So you are going XC or are you updating from a 2013 26er DH bike :p

My 120mm Spur is 66° HA and it's currently in XC mode with Barzos.

Bikes are getting slacker for the travel, they also ride pretty well considering what we thought they would ride like a few years ago.

HA is really no longer a big factor as long as it's not stupid, they are all going to be around <66.5° for anything other than full out XC.
I just want something that won't feel like a tractor when I get to the fun part of a run...

sketch-1664974952831~3.png

That's an older photo...that jump is barely even a lump anymore.