The stupid questions thread.

goobags

Likes Dirt
That would be me, yep.
After reading your thread it would seem that our issues are similar yet different.

Interestingly, my sliding dropout Marino hardtail had a warped brake mount which caused some grief, particularly since it is alloy and the only other person I have met with a Marino (which was years ago now) also had a problem with the rear brake mount.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Isaakk

Likes Bikes and Dirt
After reading your thread it would seem that our issues are similar yet different.

Interestingly, my sliding dropout Marino hardtail had a warped brake mount which caused some grief, particularly since it is alloy and the only other person I have met with a Marino (which was years ago now) also had a problem with the rear brake mount.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yeah seems to be a bit of a theme. Interestingly the first frame I had didn't have any issues, at least from memory.

safreek

No, that’s a standard shock in a Specialized yoke.

Beware of custom lengths and strokes though.

What exactly is the bike?

It is a commencial meta v4.2. 2018.
It's pretty ordinary but trying to work out the cost of building with ordinary parts

ForkinGreat

Knows his Brassica oleracea
It is a commencial meta v4.2. 2018.
It's pretty ordinary but trying to work out the cost of building with ordinary parts
Dude, that's a modern frame for you isn't it?, given your shed full of old bikes. That's newer than my bikes. Maybe I'm the old fogey now. o_O

according to vital mtb, RockShox Deluxe RT, 2 position compression adjustment, 230mm x 60mm metric
- was the shock on the complete bike, at least in 'Murica.

The yoke length might be the crucial bit. Commencal might have the yoke as a replacement part. worth contacting them if it doesn't fit.

safreek

Dude, that's a modern frame for you isn't it?, given your shed full of old bikes. That's newer than my bikes. Maybe I'm the old fogey now. o_O

according to vital mtb, RockShox Deluxe RT, 2 position compression adjustment, 230mm x 60mm metric
- was the shock on the complete bike, at least in 'Murica.

The yoke length might be the crucial bit. Commencal might have the yoke as a replacement part. worth contacting them if it doesn't fit.

Would be the newest I've owned. It does have a couple dents in it though. Probably won't buy it if it needs a modern shock. Was just going to buy a second hand shock.
Don't think it will be worth the loot put in

safreek

Ca$hed out on Crypto before the plunge ;)
Haaaa ha ha, still dropping money into it at bargain prices. To the moon in 2025.
The frame has had a hard life and price reflects that.
Initially I thought I could get it up and running with parts I have for around 5 or 6 hundred. Thinking a rear shock is going to set me back near half that second hand