The stupid questions thread.

goobags

Likes Dirt
Would an IS to PM160 adapter get me out of strife here? Running a 180mm disc with an IS to PM180 adapter from previous frame

goobags

Likes Dirt
Seems odd. Is the adapter the wrong way around?
99.9% sure it’s around the right way. Pulled off old frame with the adapter still fitted to caliper. Marks on the disc indicate the pads were in the right spot on the old frame

Peruvian build so could be anything

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The Duckmeister

Has a juicy midrange
Is that a thing with IS mounts though? I don’t recall ever seeing or hearing of different rotor size IS mounts.
IS tabs are standard as far as spacing goes, but can be placed at different heights on the frame or fork depending on the manufacturer's minimum rotor size spec. Adapting for a larger rotor requires both lifting the caliper further from the frame/fork, and tilting the caliper forward lengthwise to match the rotor curve.

goobags

Likes Dirt
IS tabs are standard as far as spacing goes, but can be placed at different heights on the frame or fork depending on the manufacturer's minimum rotor size spec. Adapting for a larger rotor requires both lifting the caliper further from the frame/fork, and tilting the caliper forward lengthwise to match the rotor curve.
Just confirmed the IS mount holes are on a different radius between the frames. Learn something new every day.

Caliper seems to be out by 10mm so a PM160 rear adapter should sort it out from my guess

Dales Cannon

lightbrain about 4pm
Staff member
Just confirmed the IS mount holes are on a different radius between the frames. Learn something new every day.

Caliper seems to be out by 10mm so a PM160 rear adapter should sort it out from my guess

Have you got one? I reckon some of us might have one in the parts bin, I know I used to...