The stupid questions thread.

sane

Likes Bikes and Dirt
What’s the go to for lugging your bike around on a tray top ute? A mate picked up a new work ute recently and we were talking about tailgate pads but I reckon the bed is too shallow. Any good suggestions for a dual cab hilux?

Jpez

Down on the left!
What’s the go to for lugging your bike around on a tray top ute? A mate picked up a new work ute recently and we were talking about tailgate pads but I reckon the bed is too shallow. Any good suggestions for a dual cab hilux?
I’ve got one of those tube bike stands tek screwed to the tray behind the cab. I Just chuck my bike in that between the tool boxes and a strap on each side of the handlebars holds it down.

sane

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I’ve got one of those tube bike stands tek screwed to the tray behind the cab. I Just chuck my bike in that between the tool boxes and a strap on each side of the handlebars holds it down.
Thanks. So just some eBay cheapo stand to locate the wheel and some ratchet straps? I wonder how many screws he can get away with boring into the company tray

Jpez

Down on the left!
Thanks. So just some eBay cheapo stand to locate the wheel and some ratchet straps? I wonder how many screws he can get away with boring into the company tray
Yep that’s it. I doubt anyone is going to notice or care about four 6mm holes in a Ute tray.
It is a PIA climbing up onto the bloody thing and dragging the bike up though. Especially rooted after a big ride. I’m in the process of building one of the IKEA flat pack Death Racks (the peanut gallery recoils in horror) atm so I don’t have to. Buts it’s worked well for a long time.

silentbutdeadly

has some good things to say
A length of solar panel mounting bar across the tub with a fork trap attached to it is an option. Or just screw the trap into the tub.

Dales Cannon

lightbrain about 4pm
Staff member
Can someone please explain shipping to me. Not bike related but same same. Three items, just under free post level. Check postage, local so not heinous. Noted all items will ship together in one box (in stock at the same warehouse allegedly). Separate shipping incurs additional cost. Yep, I get that. Oh look I have added an item worth the same as shipping so now free shipping. I get four parcels over three days... from the same origin in NSW. And the smallest item came in the second biggest box. The biggest was a couple of bath towels...

Fucked if I know.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Can someone please explain shipping to me. Not bike related but same same. Three items, just under free post level. Check postage, local so not heinous. Noted all items will ship together in one box (in stock at the same warehouse allegedly). Separate shipping incurs additional cost. Yep, I get that. Oh look I have added an item worth the same as shipping so now free shipping. I get four parcels over three days... from the same origin in NSW. And the smallest item came in the second biggest box. The biggest was a couple of bath towels...

Fucked if I know.
Did you buy from Meyer online? This sound like them...they don't seem to have a warehousing system yet and pull he stock from shop floors. Last way back lockdown an allegedly intoxicated poodle found the card and ordered up a storm with those guys. This included a large number of cards that were 50c each. These were sent to me from all over Australia, including one lonely card in a parcel bag all the way from Perth.