The stupid questions thread.

Cardy George

Piercing rural members since 1981
No idea. But I'm pretty sure you should offload them and get something that isn't the biking equivalent of a Renault.

Sent from my M2012K11AG using Tapatalk
LOL, they were cheap and served a purpose when I broke my DTs. They still have a place until they break too

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
I'm going some very serious consideration to selling my transition scout frame. I really like it, but I also feel a very strong urge to grab one of these spectral 125 canyon are pushing. They seem a fairly similar concept in design, but different wheel size.

Am I missing something? Will I find out that 29 isn't the wheel I'm looking for? Am I going to be sad?

Or am I on the dawn of greatness?

Also... @Mattyp is there any chance you have a bit of a ride report yet please?

Mattyp

Cows go boing
I'm going some very serious consideration to selling my transition scout frame. I really like it, but I also feel a very strong urge to grab one of these spectral 125 canyon are pushing. They seem a fairly similar concept in design, but different wheel size. @Mattyp is there any chance you have a bit of a ride report yet please?
Ummm it's good, it has less travel and bigger wheels then my other bike but doesn't feel like it...the handlebars are wider than they need to be, and I'm not convinced it's any better on climbs, but I might just be unfit after a few weeks of not riding enough. My ambitions out weighed my abilities today, vid coming soon.

Sethius

Crashed out somewhere
I'm going some very serious consideration to selling my transition scout frame. I really like it, but I also feel a very strong urge to grab one of these spectral 125 canyon are pushing. They seem a fairly similar concept in design, but different wheel size.

Am I missing something? Will I find out that 29 isn't the wheel I'm looking for? Am I going to be sad?

Make sure you list the Scout frame on here first.

moorey

call me Mia
Ummm it's good, it has less travel and bigger wheels then my other bike but doesn't feel like it...the handlebars are wider than they need to be, and I'm not convinced it's any better on climbs, but I might just be unfit after a few weeks of not riding enough. My ambitions out weighed my abilities today, vid coming soon.
Poodoodle is just trolling anyway. Waited until I’d ordered something then pretending he’s selling the Scout frame. I wasn’t born yesterday.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Poodoodle is just trolling anyway. Waited until I’d ordered something then pretending he’s selling the Scout frame. I wasn’t born yesterday.
No troll, genuine situation I find myself in. If I sell the scout frame I can reallocate the parts across 3 other projects that I can't get parts for easily and then buy the spectral 125 and have a complete bike. But I'm wary of it not fitting my style and am not too interested in learning how to be a trail/xc rider. The scout in its current form suits me well, but...who doesnt like a new bike? But you do happen to have a frame in the garage that I do like...

Ahem!!

I will do the honours before the stampede.

View attachment 387012
Because as for as I can figure the 125 and the scout are essentially the same bike with different sized wheels. I am happy to be wrong about this?

Thank @Mattyp . Perhaps I may ask you a few specific questions?

Does the frame feel very acrobatic? Is it comfortable and maneuverable in the air?

I'm still a little awkward around these modern upright seat posts and have a little difficulty visualising just off the angles. In photos the seat post looks a little laid back by modern standards, which I prefer. How is it in the flesh?

How's the stand over height?

Does the frame feel long, particularly in the back end? One of the things about 29ers that I've not liked was the longer stays. My trusty old 26 rear ends tend to be short and easy to fling around.

I'm considering alloy rather than carbon.

And does anyone have any experience with the dt Swiss all mountain LM rims? I'm heavy and plan a hard life for this bike, I'd hate to be getting a set of wheels that aren't up to the task. I'd be better to sell them up front etc.

Mattyp

Cows go boing
Sorry mate I'm no Acrobat (only when I'm falling off). Best you go and ride one if you can. I got the tape measure out and compared the geo to my other bikes to get an idea of how it would be. The site was recommending a medium but I got a large as those numbers looked better to me.
The bike does not feel long and is very 'flickable' actually feels like it pivots around your pedals where as my other bike (2019 reign) just feels like the back hangs out when you give it a flick into a corner. Alot more forward (better) and over the bars feeling position compared to the other bike.
But yeah this isn't really relevant to you as you haven't ridden my other bike....

safreek

I missing something? Will I find out that 29 isn't the wheel I'm looking for? Am I going to be sad?

Or am I on the dawn of madness
You appear to be the second person in 2 days that have made me threaten to bring a backhander to the game.
WAKE UP TO YOURSELF

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
You appear to be the second person in 2 days that have made me threaten to bring a backhander to the game.
WAKE UP TO YOURSELF
Those glazed hands aren't scary...

Sorry mate I'm no Acrobat (only when I'm falling off). Best you go and ride one if you can. I got the tape measure out and compared the geo to my other bikes to get an idea of how it would be. The site was recommending a medium but I got a large as those numbers looked better to me.
The bike does not feel long and is very 'flickable' actually feels like it pivots around your pedals where as my other bike (2019 reign) just feels like the back hangs out when you give it a flick into a corner. Alot more forward (better) and over the bars feeling position compared to the other bike.
But yeah this isn't really relevant to you as you haven't ridden my other bike....
Flickable is good. Thanks for the info.

I've had a few giant glories.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男

Ok...this is on! Like Donkey Kong I guess. I just need to squeeze through the next few days of work and will get the balls rolling. Will be selling the scout frame and Thomson dropper as it won't fit any of my left over bikes. I think everything else has a home.