The stupid questions thread.

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
Leaning towards shorter travel. Brother has a 2 year old Nomad. Loves it but admits its hard work on the climbs.
I would definitely be as I know what your rides look like.

My Spur is so much more pleasant to ride around the trails in its current set up with fast tyres and its quite good in the air too but its probably more the XC side of Trail (even know the geo says different).
Over on MTBR they have up scaled their Spurs to a point where there would have been better off on a Scout but each to their own.

130mm-140mm would be perfect for a 1 bike stable. Norco Optic or similar style bikes.

shiny

Go-go-gadget-wrist-thingy
I would definitely be as I know what your rides look like.

My Spur is so much more pleasant to ride around the trails in its current set up with fast tyres and its quite good in the air too but its probably more the XC side of Trail (even know the geo says different).
Over on MTBR they have up scaled their Spurs to a point where there would have been better off on a Scout but each to their own.

130mm-140mm would be perfect for a 1 bike stable. Norco Optic or similar style bikes.
Damn Strava stalkers! ;) Same local terrain as you. If I do travel 130 would be ok to get me through most trails. Now to find work and buy parts!

DMan

shawly the least hangeriest guy on rotorburn
Are boost and non boost DM cranksets the same width? Just the offset on the chainring is different? I need a 165mm crankset in powerspline and there's nothing available. I can change the BB to DUB but there's only boost cranksets available and it's a non boost frame. 2020 Trek X Caliber 8....

Dales Cannon

lightbrain about 4pm
Staff member
In every Sci fi movie, TV show etc the characters always have neatly trimmed hair. Do they have hairdressers on board (duh) and what rank are they? Rear admiral barber does back, sack and cracks? Why aren't they featured?

Cardy George

Piercing rural members since 1981
I have never owned a Fox Fork but this still feels like a stupid question.

2016(ish) Fox Performance 32, Fit4 damper according to the sticker. Oily on the damper stanchion seal. It's for a client and I doubt it's been serviced in its lifetime.

I'm not opening it until I discuss it with her, but wondering if just a worn seal or has the damper become incontinent too?

Cardy George

Does the damper feel like it's working properly? If it all feels good and adjustents do what they should, it's probably just a worn wiper letting the lube oil out.
Yup, I can't move the rebound dial, but the firm/medium/open lever makes a difference. It's smooth, makes a flowing oil sound and doesn't try to fire the wheel off the end of the bike when I hop it off the ground.

She said she likes how it feels so I won't mess with it just yet. It's desperate for a service though.

Cheers Duck!

Labcanary

One potato, two potato, click
It's now been over 3 weeks since I ordered some fun stuff from MTB Direct and...... nothing. No confirmation of shipping etc. Is this normal?
Is any of it special order stuff? There's a fine print caveat that says if it's special order it'll take longer (it has to come from a supplier first), and that any items that are not special order won't be shipped until the SO item arrives. They used to also have a little suggestion to order your SO item separate from any regular stocked items.

Edit: If none of it is special order, then no - it's not normal! Send them an email.

Asininedrivel

caviar connoisseur
Is any of it special order stuff? There's a fine print caveat that says if it's special order it'll take longer (it has to come from a supplier first), and that any items that are not special order won't be shipped until the SO item arrives. They used to also have a little suggestion to order your SO item separate from any regular stocked items.
checks order

notes large print with disclaimer of SPECIAL ORDER

closes window

Well, at least I put my query in the right thread.

dirtdad

Wants to be special but is too shy
I see a few sparkies on here, so... My house has ethernet to my front door. But most smart doorbells need some form of DC or AC low voltage. I assumed there would be more POE doorbell options. But the one I want only uses 24V AC (a US std of some sort).

Any issue if I were to connect a wall wart with 24V AC (I think only 1A) to the ethernet cable with equal twisted pairs joined together per side as a low voltage cable?

Cardy George

Started making a new thread for this, but the more I typed, the more it fitted the stupid questions thread.

Mavic experts. I have a pair of 2018 XA wheels. The Interwebs tell me it has a TS-2 HG freehub, which can be converted to an ITS-4 HG freehub, and the ITS-4 can be had in a microspline configuration.

Does this mean I can buy an ITS-4 microspline freehub and plug it straight in?

shiny

Go-go-gadget-wrist-thingy
Started making a new thread for this, but the more I typed, the more it fitted the stupid questions thread.

Mavic experts. I have a pair of 2018 XA wheels. The Interwebs tell me it has a TS-2 HG freehub, which can be converted to an ITS-4 HG freehub, and the ITS-4 can be had in a microspline configuration.

Not stupid. Flick Mavic an email they have been responsive to my queries in the past. Email is consumer@mavic.com or https://www.mavic.com/en-gb/contact-form

Oddjob

Merry fucking Xmas to you assholes

No idea. But I'm pretty sure you should offload them and get something that isn't the biking equivalent of a Renault.

Sent from my M2012K11AG using Tapatalk