The stupid questions thread.

DMan

shawly the least hangeriest guy on rotorburn
Ok. Feel free to flame. I'm trying to sort my cockpit. Mainly reach vs bar height. I currently have a 70mm 6 degree stem. In the normal position with no spacers the bars feel a bit too high. So I tried flipping the stem upside down but adding a spacer under it as I didn't want to drop it too much. It felt too low so I measured it and the bar height to ground was actually the same as the stem upright with no spacer.... thoughts? Reach changing? Psychological?

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
Well it’s going to be a long time yet but making a list so when I get work I can spend!!

Couple UK brands I am eyeing off ;)
What would the use of such brand be ? I will take the answer in millimetres ? For front and rear ?

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
One is 160/160 29er enduro. Probably way too much bike but interesting. The other is 130/150 (can use 130-150 front) trail bike. Probably well suited to our local trails.
Unless you are planning shuttle days or bike park trips I would be looking firmly in the trail category.
My Highlander is an awesome bike but would give me the shitz riding it every MTB ride.
Saying that, it's seen the last 3 rides I've done at Fox and a few days in Melrose lately.

shiny

Go-go-gadget-wrist-thingy
Unless you are planning shuttle days or bike park trips I would be looking firmly in the trail category.
My Highlander is an awesome bike but would give me the shitz riding it every MTB ride.
Saying that, it's seen the last 3 rides I've done at Fox and a few days in Melrose lately.
Leaning towards shorter travel. Brother has a 2 year old Nomad. Loves it but admits its hard work on the climbs.