The stupid questions thread.

Minlak

custom titis
Why do people that list their bikes for sale insist on declaring the new tyres they fitted as upgrades? I expect the bike to come with tyres I don’t want to pay extra as you fitted tyres - stop it - won’t somebody think of the children

Kerplunk

Likes Bikes and Dirt

Cracked composite pedal.. Do i just ride with it till it’s fooked or replace asap? Have only been on flats for a year so, not really keen on catastrophic failire...

wkkie

It's Not Easy Being Green

Cracked composite pedal.. Do i just ride with it till it’s fooked or replace asap? Have only been on flats for a year so, not really keen on catastrophic failire...
Ride it until it opens right up, or until you find the next blingy set.

I cracked a Funn composite in almost the same way and it's still going without issue.

The Duckmeister

Has a juicy midrange

Ride on. You really only hit (very) borrowed time when the middle bit of the pedal shits itself, 'cos that has the axle running through it.

Kerplunk

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Thanks for the responses will keep on keeping on with them..
[mention]moorey [/mention]hard to believe but they are good pedals.. Check the reviews..

moorey

call me Mia
Thanks for the responses will keep on keeping on with them..
[mention]moorey [/mention]hard to believe but they are good pedals.. Check the reviews..
I’m just being a jerk. Even cheaper composite pedals have been great for me.
Just saw magnesium Vaults on sale under $150 though. Good buying. V11 will be my next set, or burgtec m4’s.

northvanguy

Likes Dirt
So..... are there cheap crown races that are like this or has it split?

There's a reason i'm asking here....

Havent had fork off since shop installed it.... never seen one with the split.

FSA headset if it matters.

beeb

Dr. Beebenson, PhD HA, ST, Offset (hons)
So..... are there cheap crown races that are like this or has it split?

There's a reason i'm asking here....

Havent had fork off since shop installed it.... never seen one with the split.

FSA headset if it matters.

View attachment 376816
Some are like that - and they're the best ones!

Easy to remove later if required.

They're only a tapered seat for the bearing to sit on anyway.