The stupid questions thread.

Asininedrivel

caviar connoisseur
If levied on your own home, should drive prices back down.
I have been crapping on for ageeeees that "we're in a bubble, the market will correct itself" but the last 12 months has thrown that on its head. No immigration, actual population declines for the first time ever and prices still going up. I no longer even pretend to understand.
Debt makes people work, long hours, poor working conditions here we come.
That I'm actually a bit more optimistic about. We've been collectively using immigration to prop up the GDP for years but it's also been suppressing wage growth (and arguably productivity). Immigration has been flattened due to the pandemic and will probably take years to recover, so there might actually be some notable wage increases in the coming months / years.

Maybe

Flow-Rider

Burner
I have been crapping on for ageeeees that "we're in a bubble, the market will correct itself" but the last 12 months has thrown that on its head. No immigration, actual population declines for the first time ever and prices still going up. I no longer even pretend to understand.

That I'm actually a bit more optimistic about. We've been collectively using immigration to prop up the GDP for years but it's also been suppressing wage growth (and arguably productivity). Immigration has been flattened due to the pandemic and will probably take years to recover, so there might actually be some notable wage increases in the coming months / years.

Maybe
Look at farmers, the jobs don't get done and they just throw produce away.

moorey

call me Mia
Yep, can't remember what it was but something released in the last year or so was like that from factory. Very weird.
It’s one of the Norco ebikes. Only on one model I saw. I don’t understand. Trunnion is largely to allow shorter E2E for the same stroke, innit? This defeats any purpose.
I see no other trunnion benefit other than to the companies selling replacement shocks if mounting bolt is loose.

moorey

call me Mia
It's a clever way to deal with sideloading, and trunnion mounts inability to deal with it normally. Essentially does the same thing is spherical shock hardware.

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk
So....painting a horse so it looks like a cow on camera?

beeb

Dr. Beebenson, PhD HA, ST, Offset (hons)
It’s one of the Norco ebikes. Only on one model I saw. I don’t understand. Trunnion is largely to allow shorter E2E for the same stroke, innit? This defeats any purpose.
I see no other trunnion benefit other than to the companies selling replacement shocks if mounting bolt is loose.
Covid parts shortages maybe? NFI why you'd bother otherwise...