The stupid questions thread.

slowmick

38-39"
Good mate took his young family from Newcastle to Chicago to see a terminally ill mate. Wife was around 8 months pregnant, she needed a letter from the doctor to say she could go but they were uninsured if anything happened. Got a message when he arrived in LA - If ever you think life is passing you by too quickly take a flight to LA with two under 4 and a heavily pregnant wife....

Our family trips to see the inlaws in Yarrawonga are now in the hands of our 4 year old daughter. They can vary between 3.5 hours and 6. Sang nursey rhymes and anything else I could think of to her non stop from Molesworth to Boronia to get her to stop crying when she was very little.

You'll find what works for you and figure out which ones are really important.

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
My 2 travelled alright when they were young, 3yrs+ that is, not under 1yrs old.

Plenty of trips driven in 1 go with 1-2 10 minute stops, Apollo bay numerous times, Lakes Entrance, Pt Lincoln, Alice Springs with a 1 night stop in Coober Pedy ect...

A lot of these trips we were in the car at 4am, they fell asleep within 10 mins and didnt wake till 8am... just in time for a brekky stop.

Dales Cannon

lightbrain about 4pm
Staff member
Anyone used antsand in pavers? Did it work? Paving with left over tumbled bricks and the gaps are huge, little bastards will be building schools and hospitals in there. I would rather they did not.

Knuckles

Lives under a bridge
Anyone used antsand in pavers? Did it work? Paving with left over tumbled bricks and the gaps are huge, little bastards will be building schools and hospitals in there. I would rather they did not.
Yep, works. Just don't use it on a windy day, it's extremely light weight.

Been so long, I'm a rookie again.

Freediver

I can go full Karen
I've had good results with a borax/ sugar mix. 1 cup of sugar 1/2 cup of water and a tablespoon of borax, heated until dissolved.. They take it back to the nest and it wipes out the lot.
Ant sand is toxic to just about everything.

Dales Cannon

lightbrain about 4pm
Staff member
I've had good results with a borax/ sugar mix. 1 cup of sugar 1/2 cup of water and a tablespoon of borax, heated until dissolved.. They take it back to the nest and it wipes out the lot.
Ant sand is toxic to just about everything.
That is why I have held off using it. Will borat a go. Ta!

creaky

XMAS Plumper
I used it at our last place. Works for a while but the bastards still come back after a few months. Concrete and tiles FTW.

Elbo

pesky scooter kids git off ma lawn
Thanks everyone for your thoughts on travel with kids. Really helpful just to hear other peoples stories! If I had time to respond to each individually I would. Good to know it is just fucking hard. We've got 3 main groups of friends; the first don't have kids, second group have kids but everything always seems to be perfect, they are always comparing and you can tell a lot of energy goes into keeping up appearances, and the third group have kids and are brutally honest about what its like and how they are travelling, which is one of the most refreshing things, just people who say it how it is and no pretences.

Last edited:

Cardy George

Piercing rural members since 1981
second group have kids but everything always seems to be perfect, they are always comparing and you can tell a lot of energy goes into keeping up appearances,
Don't believe a fucking thing they say. It's like a Facebook/Instagram post, they're only showing what they think looks good, not what's really happening.

and the third group have kids and are brutally honest about what its like and how they are travelling, which is one of the most refreshing things, just people who say it how it is and don't try and no pretences.
Believe these people. These are your people!

Litenbror

Eats Squid
Thanks everyone for your thoughts on travel with kids. Really helpful just to hear other peoples stories! If I had time to respond to each individually I would. Good to know it is just fucking hard. We've got 3 main groups of friends; the first don't have kids, second group have kids but everything always seems to be perfect, they are always comparing and you can tell a lot of energy goes into keeping up appearances, and the third group have kids and are brutally honest about what its like and how they are travelling, which is one of the most refreshing things, just people who say it how it is and no pretences.
Yep same as @Cardy George number 3 are your people. All kids are different and they are from the beginning, my brother inlaws daughter is like a different species to my kids and it's nothing to do with how either of us raise them. People can keep their Instagram life I honestly don't have the energy or f&*$s to bother, probably explains why I don't have many friends :D.

rockmoose

his flabber is totally gastered
Perfect. How much energy and free time you will have for riding, when you dump 2 groups of friends?

Sent from my SM-G780F using Tapatalk