The stupid questions thread.

Minlak

custom titis
Is setting up roadie wheels tubeless as easy as mtb wheels? Anything different?
Almost.... roadie wheels run much higher pressure I would use a stronger tape than the bear tape for it by stronger I mean less flexible the bear tape deformed for me in the spoke holes. I used gorilla tape and two wraps. You could of course buy the correct tape.
This also depends on your wheels mine were not made for tubeless neither were the tyres it all worked great for 30kms then pfffttt the tyre rolled off the rim. :)

The Duckmeister

Has a juicy midrange
Roadie tyres can be bastards to seat fresh out of the pack. Being so much smaller than MTB tyres they're a lot stiffer, so any bead kinks from moulding or packaging can make life really hard. It may end up being necessary to run with a tube for a week or two to get the tyre into the right shape, then go tubeless. In any case, fit and inflate the tyre without sealant first, to ensure it's actually going to co-operate, then once it's seated properly remove the valve core, inject sealant and away you go.

DO NOT try ghetto tubeless like you might with MTB; due to the higher pressure there's a very high chance of it not holding properly. Only use proper tubeless-compatible rims & tyres.

Boom King

downloaded a pic of moorey's bruised arse
Roadie tyres can be bastards to seat fresh out of the pack. Being so much smaller than MTB tyres they're a lot stiffer, so any bead kinks from moulding or packaging can make life really hard. It may end up being necessary to run with a tube for a week or two to get the tyre into the right shape, then go tubeless. In any case, fit and inflate the tyre without sealant first, to ensure it's actually going to co-operate, then once it's seated properly remove the valve core, inject sealant and away you go.

DO NOT try ghetto tubeless like you might with MTB; due to the higher pressure there's a very high chance of it not holding properly. Only use proper tubeless-compatible rims & tyres.
Might just bung some sealant in the tubes then. Neither rims nor tyres will be tubless ready. I just want to minimize the the likelyhood of punctures, would love not to have to carry spares, CO2 etc.

Cardy George

Piercing rural members since 1981
Might just bung some sealant in the tubes then. Neither rims nor tyres will be tubless ready. I just want to minimize the the likelyhood of punctures, would love not to have to carry spares, CO2 etc.
That's how I roll on the roadie. We used to rent a house on a grape block, picking season sucked as the tractors and semi trailers dragged all the three corner jack all over the roads.

droenn

Fat Man's XC President
when did black friday become a thing in Aus? I only noticed it last year for the first time.

I mean, I'm always keen for a bargain, but it is weird we have the event when we don't have thanksgiving etc.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
when did black friday become a thing in Aus? I only noticed it last year for the first time.

I mean, I'm always keen for a bargain, but it is weird we have the event when we don't have thanksgiving etc.
Thanksgiving will be here soon enough...any excuse for a sale, black Friday has been all around us for a clue of years and fuck me it seems to go for a lot more than one Friday! Followed by a click frenzy.

scblack

Leucocholic

Its basically a marketing creation. I know AliExpress push it a lot. Many online retailers especially push this one.

Any reason/excuse to have an event and boost traffic and sales.

tkdbboy

Likes Dirt

Alright, two questions ...

How many ml is in the rockshox syringe extension? I'm assuming that the ml reading on the syringe is for the syringe only and excluding the adapter,

Also, My Lyrik Charger 2 RCT3 lower on the damper side requires 10ml of 0-30w oil. If I were to underfill or overfill by 2ml , what are the side effects I should look out for in each case? There are a few dated threads online re: too much oil but I imagine symptoms would differ between forks.

Cheers

moorey

call me Mia
Re lowers...couple of mm more not going to matter.
Re damper...put 20 in with adapter full and add 10 from that maybe? Sorry, not done a damper.

tkdbboy

Likes Dirt
Re lowers...couple of mm more not going to matter.
Re damper...put 20 in with adapter full and add 10 from that maybe? Sorry, not done a damper.
I figure 2ml isn't much when you look at it independently but when its becomes a 20% oil difference then part of me starts questioning it. All signs point to me overthinking it haha.

Doh ... such a simple solution, didn't think of that ... I'll remember for next time

Thanks!

Tim_the_Clyde

Likes Dirt
Surely you loose 2ml between services in any case? Never had dry lowers but definitely less oil at service time than I put in.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DMan

shawly the least hangeriest guy on rotorburn
I'm not at home so can't check. Can you take the reverb lever off a SRAM matchmaker brake set up and still use the brakes?