The stupid questions thread.

fairy1

Banned
This will probably get closed but hey I'll give it a whirl.
Post your question that you would be to embarassed to ask in a "real" thread.

Please number your questions to make it easier for people to flame the correct question/member.

Last edited:

PINT of Stella. mate!

Many, many Scotches
Is the title of this thread rather redundant given the number of existing threads along the lines of "can I put triple clamps on my STP?', 'how can I get money to buy a bike?' and 'Is Johnny mortal?'*

*answers are: 1. hey, It's your headstock/teeth 2: get a job 3: of course not, haven't you ever seen the film Highlander?

sxereturn

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Is it possible for something to move so fast, that air doesn't have time to replace the spot where the object was a millisecond before, and if it is possible, what is there instead of air?

Tomas

my mum says im cool
Is it possible for something to move so fast, that air doesn't have time to replace the spot where the object was a millisecond before, and if it is possible, what is there instead of air?
Not really a 'stupid' question now is it?

Fixie God

Likes Dirt
probably nothing.....now please leave....that question is far to smart for this thread

jks

fairy1

Banned
Hmmm not something I expected here, would it be an absolute vacuum or would it be similar to cavitation from a boat prop that creates a bubble of nothing that implodes on itself(I'm a bit special, forgive me if I'm wrong).

Jordan.

Likes Dirt
I reckon this thread will get locked but what the hell.

Did you ever notice that if you blow in a dogs face it goes mad, yet when you take him on a car ride he sticks his head straight out the window?

2 If love is blind, why is lingerie so popular?

3 Do people who spend $2 apiece on those little bottles of Evian water know that spelling it backwards is Naive?

4 If 4 out of 5 people suffer from diarrhea does that mean the fifth one enjoys it?

Joel O

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Hmmm not something I expected here, would it be an absolute vacuum or would it be similar to cavitation from a boat prop that creates a bubble of nothing that implodes on itself(I'm a bit special, forgive me if I'm wrong).
Forgiven. cavitation from a boat prop is bubbles of water vapour, not nothing. this is caused by the massive pressure drop on the trailing edge of the prop. basically the water boils.

hayd

Likes Dirt
yes it possible. anything that moves faster than the speed of sound is effectively moving faster than air. (sound waves are compression waves)

it would just be a vacuum, which would pull the surrounding air in and destroy its self