The stupid questions thread.

ozzybmx

call me Cáitín
One is 160/160 29er enduro. Probably way too much bike but interesting. The other is 130/150 (can use 130-150 front) trail bike. Probably well suited to our local trails.
Unless you are planning shuttle days or bike park trips I would be looking firmly in the trail category.
My Highlander is an awesome bike but would give me the shitz riding it every MTB ride.
Saying that, it's seen the last 3 rides I've done at Fox and a few days in Melrose lately.

shiny

Go-go-gadget-wrist-thingy
Unless you are planning shuttle days or bike park trips I would be looking firmly in the trail category.
My Highlander is an awesome bike but would give me the shitz riding it every MTB ride.
Saying that, it's seen the last 3 rides I've done at Fox and a few days in Melrose lately.
Leaning towards shorter travel. Brother has a 2 year old Nomad. Loves it but admits its hard work on the climbs.

ozzybmx

call me Cáitín
Leaning towards shorter travel. Brother has a 2 year old Nomad. Loves it but admits its hard work on the climbs.
I would definitely be as I know what your rides look like.

My Spur is so much more pleasant to ride around the trails in its current set up with fast tyres and its quite good in the air too but its probably more the XC side of Trail (even know the geo says different).
Over on MTBR they have up scaled their Spurs to a point where there would have been better off on a Scout but each to their own.

130mm-140mm would be perfect for a 1 bike stable. Norco Optic or similar style bikes.

shiny

Go-go-gadget-wrist-thingy
I would definitely be as I know what your rides look like.

My Spur is so much more pleasant to ride around the trails in its current set up with fast tyres and its quite good in the air too but its probably more the XC side of Trail (even know the geo says different).
Over on MTBR they have up scaled their Spurs to a point where there would have been better off on a Scout but each to their own.

130mm-140mm would be perfect for a 1 bike stable. Norco Optic or similar style bikes.
Damn Strava stalkers! ;) Same local terrain as you. If I do travel 130 would be ok to get me through most trails. Now to find work and buy parts!

DMan

shawly the least hangeriest guy on rotorburn
Are boost and non boost DM cranksets the same width? Just the offset on the chainring is different? I need a 165mm crankset in powerspline and there's nothing available. I can change the BB to DUB but there's only boost cranksets available and it's a non boost frame. 2020 Trek X Caliber 8....

Dales Cannon

The Olden Dazed
Staff member
In every Sci fi movie, TV show etc the characters always have neatly trimmed hair. Do they have hairdressers on board (duh) and what rank are they? Rear admiral barber does back, sack and cracks? Why aren't they featured?

Cardy George

Piercing rural members since 1981
I have never owned a Fox Fork but this still feels like a stupid question.

2016(ish) Fox Performance 32, Fit4 damper according to the sticker. Oily on the damper stanchion seal. It's for a client and I doubt it's been serviced in its lifetime.

I'm not opening it until I discuss it with her, but wondering if just a worn seal or has the damper become incontinent too?

Cardy George

Piercing rural members since 1981
Does the damper feel like it's working properly? If it all feels good and adjustents do what they should, it's probably just a worn wiper letting the lube oil out.
Yup, I can't move the rebound dial, but the firm/medium/open lever makes a difference. It's smooth, makes a flowing oil sound and doesn't try to fire the wheel off the end of the bike when I hop it off the ground.

She said she likes how it feels so I won't mess with it just yet. It's desperate for a service though.

Cheers Duck!