The stupid questions thread.

fairy1

Banned
I reckon this thread will get locked but what the hell.

Did you ever notice that if you blow in a dogs face it goes mad, yet when you take him on a car ride he sticks his head straight out the window?

2 If love is blind, why is lingerie so popular?

3 Do people who spend $2 apiece on those little bottles of Evian water know that spelling it backwards is Naive?

4 If 4 out of 5 people suffer from diarrhea does that mean the fifth one enjoys it?
1. Hmm, I've never blown in a dogs face, I prefer the human species.

2. Coz you buy it for your mistress

3. That is awesome, I've never drank Evian for fear of looking like a twat.

4. Dunno, it was pretty funny in the Steve-O DVD so I enjoyed his(Rab?) diarrhea.

PINT of Stella. mate!

Many, many Scotches
yes it possible. anything that moves faster than the speed of sound is effectively moving faster than air. (sound waves are compression waves)

it would just be a vacuum, which would pull the surrounding air in and destroy its self
Isn't that how thunder is created? The lightning effectively carves through the sky creating a gap which is promptly filled by a lot of air very quickly which creates the noise? I'm sure I heard that somewhere before but as I'm not sure I'll put it up as a stupid question.

fairy1

Banned
Forgiven. cavitation from a boat prop is bubbles of water vapour, not nothing. this is caused by the massive pressure drop on the trailing edge of the prop. basically the water boils.
Ahh OK that makes sense, Does the viscosity of the water make it easier to pull a vacuum?
I was just regurgitating what i was told by a TAFE teacher.

Jon

Not Grip, OK... So don't ask!
Ahh OK that makes sense, Does the viscosity of the water make it easier to pull a vacuum?
I was just regurgitating what i was told by a TAFE teacher.
Nope, your Tafe teacher is a dick.
Reduction of pressure on a liquid will reduce the temperature at which it will boil.
Conversely, increase the pressure and the boiling point goes up. Hence the rerason you never take off your radiator cap unless you like a hot shower.

The trailing edge of the prop is at a low pressure and as such the water boils if the pressure gets low enough. It is not technically boiling but meh,close enough.

Jazz

Likes Bikes
I reckon this thread will get locked but what the hell.

3 Do people who spend $2 apiece on those little bottles of Evian water know that spelling it backwards is Naive?
The whole point of Evian is that it is naive spelt backwards!!!! ;) It means simplistic or purposely untouched

GIANTmtbGUY

Likes Bikes
hahahaha

Love the blow in a dogs face one. Pissed me up.

here is one, "what happens when an unstoppable (sp) object hits an immovable object"?

mad_mike51

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Love the blow in a dogs face one. Pissed me up.

here is one, "what happens when an unstoppable (sp) object hits an immovable object"?
That ones easy seeing as there is no such thing as a unstoppable or immovable object, It'll never happen.

daever

lunatic rant extraordinaire
Low pressure -----> cold boiling ------> vapour bubbles ------> move on the surface to normal pressure ------> bubbles implode --------> tear out tiny bits of metal that form "cavities" = cavitation.

bubbles =/= cavitation.

derp derp.

zaccyboy

Likes Bikes and Dirt
1.Why do Kamikaze pilots wear helmets?

2.What do they call a court hearing for deaf people?

3.How many trees could a wood chuck chuck if a wood chuck could chuck wood?

4.If money doesn't grow on trees why do banks have so many branches?

Last edited:

Fixie God

Likes Dirt
In case they hit the wrong thing???

Then they are protected so they might survive and live to kill another day???

Mail Man

Likes Dirt
1.Why do Kamikaze pilots wear helmets?

Because they only became Kamakazie (how do you spell that?) afther they ran out of ammunition and the fight was not over. They did not want to killed before they chose to die in an honourable way.

AngoXC

Wheel size expert
Because they only became Kamakazie (how do you spell that?) afther they ran out of ammunition and the fight was not over. They did not want to killed before they chose to die in an honourable way.
Ahem. First, they didn't wear helmets. They were the standard headsets so they could communicate with fellow pilots.

Second, the literal translation for Kamikaze is 'divine wind', from a time when a huge storm prevented an invasion of Japan. Early in the war, the pilots would crash there planes into Allied resources and the likes if they were damaged or out of ammunition because, like you said, it was an honerable way to die, but later in the war, Japan enlisted whole aircrews who would fly their bomb-laden fighters deliberately into enemy shipping as the Japanese war-effort got more desperate. As resources dimished in Japan, just like Germany and their weird wooden jets, Japan stated designing low-labour, simple aircraft deliberately for the Kamikaze cause.

Modern suicide bomber though, don't typically display the same honor; it's more of a self motivation in that they are psycologically prepeared to die, whilst the people they take with them, are fearful. The Japanese, were taking their own lives, for the greater good of Japan, just like the divine wind.

In our culture, it goes against our concept of modern warfare, which is why we don't fully understand it.

Fixie God; it was dishonerable for a Kamikaze pilot to return, plus highly unlikely considering how much flak and AA you would have to take/avoid before you got anywhere near an Allied ship. Plus, later in the war, the Americans did manage to capture the fabled A6M Zero fighter plane, and modeled the F6F Hellcat on it's weaknesses. See the following.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Juic9HiyAZE

Last edited: