The Single Speed Thread

Litenbror

Eats Squid
Hi Singlespeed Team
Been looking at chucking some more relaxed tyres on my Honzo for cruising around and maybe some light offroading/railtrailing
I've been also been lusting after a singlespeeder for quite a while and keep coming back to the aesthetic, and the adjustable sliders was one reason I bought the Honzo so I could look at it down the track. That time is now.
It looks like I can get a Microspline singlespeed kit from Reverse Components in either a 13- or 14-tooth.
Question is, would the 32t chainring on the front be too much for bunting about, pump track and general hoonery?
I think 32 - 14 is what I'm running at the moment and it's pretty high.

If its your first time with single speed probably 32 - 16 would be a good start.

PJO

in me vL comy
If there are any hills in your ride def go for a bigger rear cog (like 20t), your knees will thank you for it. If it's just for pump track and punting along the flat then 32-16 would be fine.

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
If there are any hills in your ride def go for a bigger rear cog (like 20t), your knees will thank you for it. If it's just for pump track and punting along the flat then 32-16 would be fine.
I usually swapped cogs for a race then just put up with it till the next race, the Otway Odyssey was a 20t race, very climby and 20t was good. It was a little bit low on local trails where my sweet spot was 30-18.

Reactions: PJO