the sad demise of old dh bikes

moorey

call me Mia
The craftworks will work well there.
Like a boss.
Bike is never my issue.
I’m trying to convince Felix to run the DH whip instead of the Revel. We’ll take both. The run the same wheels anyway. He’s resisted fitting the CushCore for years, but I think it’s time.

jrewing

Eats Squid
Like a boss.
Bike is never my issue.
I’m trying to convince Felix to run the DH whip instead of the Revel. We’ll take both. The run the same wheels anyway. He’s resisted fitting the CushCore for years, but I think it’s time.
Yeah Cushcore at least the rear is smart. Dh bike will be the go as the track will be blown out big time with the numbers. It’s not a gnarly track it’s just very rocky in a fair few bits. Very hard on bikes. Derailleur and rim breakages, shit even bending cranks I’ve done.

Sky_Collapsed

Not particularly enlightened
with the popularity of enduro riding and the capability of endruo bikes there just isn't that much use for downhill bikes out side of bike park runs and even then, iirc, at maydena i think one of the women came first or at least top 5 on an enduro bike for a dh race so with the right skillsets a dh bike out side of mount saint anne or really rough tracks might not even be needed these days.

i went through some of my old mtb mags and it's nice looking back on the past 10 years or so of bike evolution,

I started off riding in 2007 ish on a, iirc, 2005-7 kona stinky, than went to a 2009 glory than took a break from riding from 2014 ish and came back riding just last year on a scott genius 920 and i feel it will easily cope with 80 percent of the riding in tas.

jrewing

Eats Squid
with the popularity of enduro riding and the capability of endruo bikes there just isn't that much use for downhill bikes out side of bike park runs and even then, iirc, at maydena i think one of the women came first or at least top 5 on an enduro bike for a dh race so with the right skillsets a dh bike out side of mount saint anne or really rough tracks might not even be needed these days.

i went through some of my old mtb mags and it's nice looking back on the past 10 years or so of bike evolution,

I started off riding in 2007 ish on a, iirc, 2005-7 kona stinky, than went to a 2009 glory than took a break from riding from 2014 ish and came back riding just last year on a scott genius 920 and i feel it will easily cope with 80 percent of the riding in tas.
I agree. I’m sad at the demise of that last 20% type trails.

Sky_Collapsed

Not particularly enlightened
I agree. I’m sad at the demise of that last 20% type trails.
Same but i guess with the popularity of endruo combined with the capability of even just 150 bikes like mine let alone 170's the demise of downhill outside of competition was kinda inevitable i guess.

was always kinda fun heading out to the local and seeing a fellow 200mm bike.

safreek

It's not really a demise of old dh bikes, it's just some of us have too many projects to build but people are still chasing covid prices for a lot of parts. Fucked if I would pay 300 for a pair of shitty old boxxers or 500 for a pair of old fox 40.

Trevor_kelly_04

Likes Bikes
Did you see the YT vid of Peaty doing back to back runs on 2006 and 2021 V10s? He wasn't significantly slower on the old bike.
Did you see the YT vid of Peaty doing back to back runs on 2006 and 2021 V10s? He wasn't significantly slower on the old bike.
I still ride 24" and 26" on my oldschool dh bikes, I still shread most people on a old dowhill setup no worries at all, heres is my mk1 v10 one out of the few ahahah
Screenshot_20221204-093405_Gallery.jpg