AM The rules says no more bikes, but n+1 is a rule... It's a Paradox!

mike14

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I think this place went more than 15 mins without a Banshee PYR so I'm here to rectify things!

Frame - V3 Paradox - Black
Rear shock - you what?
Front shock/fork - DVO Sapphire D1 140mm in glorious green
Handlebars - RM alloy ones off my Altitude - currently as 800mm and need to be cut in order to truely master urban operations
Stem - RaceFace (affect?) off my Django
Headset - dunno, came with the bike
Grips - PNW loam
Saddle - Ergon SM Comp
Seatpost - PNW Bachelor with Loam lever
Front brake - Code R 200m
Rear brake - Code R 180mm
Cranks - GX from Django
Chainguide - nope
Chain - SRAM something from Django
Pedals - Deity - need to change them, don't feel comfortable
Front derailleur - is that a thing?
Rear derailleur - GX 12spd from Django
Front shifter - come on buddy...
Rear shifter - GX 12spd
Cassette - GX 12 speed from Django - starting to look a little worse for wear
Front hub - dunno
Rear hub - dunno
Front rim - Raceface something from Django
Rear rim - Raceface something from Django
Spokes - yup
Nipples - also yup
Tyres - Agressor 2.3 out back, Ardent 2.4 up front because it was literally the only thing I had :)
Tubes - nah
Total weight - not a lot
Total weight - side load bottle cage and some reflectors & a bell so that the 5-0 don't get me while commuting. Have had a mate and a son busted without them in the last fortnight!

Despite having more bikes than I can ride at one time, I really wanted a fun bike that I could just goof on and take out on adventures with the kids. I was investigating hardtails (and trying to talk myself into a Scout that I really didn't need) when my road bike got stolen, so needed to add 'commuter' to the description which confirmed the hardtail option.
I'd recently converted the Django from SRAM to Shimano so the plan was to use those wheels and drivetrain on this and fit out the rest of the bike with new and 2nd-hand parts.

After almost pulling the trigger on the Commencal Meta HT I decided I wanted something a bit different and was tossing up between the RSD Middlechild and the Banshee. As this was something of a 40th b'day present to myself (and the only way I could it past Finance) and being a middle child the RSD would have been great, but the earliest they were likely to be able to get one to Aust was lat April.

I was lucky to get on the tail-end of Rushy's Banshee order and the black beauty arrived 2 days before xmas.
Was my first time building up a frame from scratch and I second guessed myself a lot along the way, but was a great learning experience. The gears could probably do with better indexing, but everything sounds good and shifts well enough. The suspension was a breeze to setup and the recommend settings seem to match what I want.

Have only done 16 kms on it but it pedals superbly and feels great, very much meeting my criteria of being a bike that will let me faf about. Looking forward to getting it down some trails soon

mooboyj

Likes Dirt
I rode one of these for five minutes before an XC race oddly enough. These things wheelie so well :D. You'll have an absolute hoot on this bike!