The riding thread.

del

Likes Dirt
I thought it might be a good idea to have a general bmx riding thread, as we have plenty of parts threads. So basically just post where you have been riding, when you're going to ride and what you have been doing, tricks wise.

I'll start - Today had a bit of a local street ride, I am SOOOOO close to brakeless 5 taps on a bank its painful. then i got a flat and sprinted home just in time not to have to walk :(

Last edited:

hubbie

Forever 1,337
then i got a flat and sprinted home just in time not to have to walk :(
that's the best hey! Happened to me ages ago, but i had 100psi to lose before i was flat so I had ages. think I threw in one more attempt before jetting off home. you go mach 1, trying to get home.

Nub

Banned
Better grip = More rolling resistance.

You go slower but faster at the same time. :(

Spitfire84

Likes Dirt
Just the local - Chaddy skate park.

Got pegs today, gave grinding a try today. First time. Got feebles on the small box/ fun box. Tryed on a ledge about ~50cm high? Got on it.. like 2wice out of 10 trys, lol. Hurt my ass abit :(. I'll get it 2moz :).

del

Likes Dirt
that's the best hey! Happened to me ages ago, but i had 100psi to lose before i was flat so I had ages. think I threw in one more attempt before jetting off home. you go mach 1, trying to get home.
ha ha yeah, I was soo lucky. within a minute of getting home, the tyre went un-rideably flat. I hate broken glass

bmx>mtb

Likes Dirt
im gunna head down to parra skate park tomorw cause i finish school at like 11 30
any one in western sydney come on down
just look for me on the blue bibi (Y) doubt there will be many people there anyway

Bretty.

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Very cool thread idea, props man.

Ummm, today I went to school just long enough to warrant skipping, then spent rest of the day at skatepark attempting 360's and box-to-spine transfers. I think I buckled my rear rim though, damn, not again.

andytaylor

Likes Dirt
im gunna head down to parra skate park tomorw cause i finish school at like 11 30
any one in western sydney come on down
just look for me on the blue bibi (Y) doubt there will be many people there anyway
11:30
damnit thats early

bmxer

Likes Dirt
i finish at 11 30 a few times a week aswell.I would come 2 parra if i didnt have a broken leg.

Cameo

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Spaz and I rode Highett skateo y'day and did some gnarly whiplashes on the banks, as well as got all techy on the small rail, and wallride.

Went for a solo session late last night (thank you coffee) around Cromer Rock City. Had the head phones in and cruised through the industrial estates.

I got chased by a Chub security gaurd. It was classic. He had a gay little car and was fat and slow.

del

Likes Dirt
Rode at rosehill today. A mate snapped my chain. chill sesh, nothing much spectacular happened, but I didnt get a chance to practice 5 taps. I have the day off uni and work tomorrow so I might ride then

Mitch_freeride

Likes Dirt
Exit 69 - Mini DJ Jam, 24th August

The Story:
On the 24th August a bunch of mates and myself are attempting to have a DJ jam at Exit 69 jumps in Nerang. At the moment there is about 5 riders but we are aiming to get as many that want to turn up and ride/watch. We would like to see the level of riding from other Gold Coast riders. There will be a photographer on the day and most likely a cinematographer.

Map - To here:
Map will be up soon.

Video from 4th August 2008:

Video will be up Saturday night.

Photos:

Jump Condition:
Through the most recent holidays we reconstructed the first jump and repaired the second after they where destroyed. This weekend we will be working on the third, fourth and fifth in an attempt to have them finished by the 24th.

Jump Sizing:
All Mountain bike based jumps but able to do on BMX.
Massive run-in to start things of.
1st = 21 foot speed jump.
2nd = 22 foot step-up.
3rd = 25 foot speed dirt jump.
4th = step-up onto north shore then drop off. (Only Down ramp at the moment)
Massive berm.
5th = 21 foot transfer.

No prize money or prizes of any kind as this is a jam. Only jammin allowed.

Last edited: