The QUICK question thread.....

Spanky_Ham

Porcinus Slappius
No, but you really have my interest. I'm guessing there is more with this story than just your pet frog getting sick.
The meat sock and his wife do wires rescues and rehab. We do mostly lizards, but the fat shite has the training to do amphibians too. We have a frog in our care, that is healthy as far as we can ascertain ( the fat knob that we is did do skin swabs onto selective agar but incubated them at the wrong temp). We need a negative chytrid test to release a person's tree frog back into the wild.

Sent from my Pixel 7 Pro using Tapatalk

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
We are thinking of just buying a PCR machine and primers and doing it ourselves..,........ But thanks for the suggestion

But you guys don't science enough to science this out like science people would...

Spanky_Ham

Porcinus Slappius
But you guys don't science enough to science this out like science people would...
Currently looking for a PCR machine and primers to do it ourselves. We did do a limited run of specific agar and swabbed the frog in question, but incubated at the wrong temp ( meat sack is a farktard) ... Limited resources is a bee atch

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Currently looking for a PCR machine and primers to do it ourselves. We did do a limited run of specific agar and swabbed the frog in question, but incubated at the wrong temp ( meat sack is a farktard) ... Limited resources is a bee atch

Could this all be resolved with a nice ham, aged cheddar, and got mustard toasty?

Jpez

Down on the left!
This could just be in the wrong thread.
Bought some Slick graphics stickers for rims and fork exactly two years ago but never got around to using them. So Saturday I carefully applied the rim stickers cleaning the F$&k out of the rim with iso and next morning every single one of them has peeled up with one actually sitting on the floor.
I’m guessing over the 2 years the backing glue has degraded. They were stored in my house so no extremes of weather etc.
Obviously they were bought 2 years ago but I’d expect them to still be well usable.
Would you bother emailing them and seeing if there’s anything they could do or just forget about it?

rockmoose

his flabber is totally gastered
This could just be in the wrong thread.
Bought some Slick graphics stickers for rims and fork exactly two years ago but never got around to using them. So Saturday I carefully applied the rim stickers cleaning the F$&k out of the rim with iso and next morning every single one of them has peeled up with one actually sitting on the floor.
I’m guessing over the 2 years the backing glue has degraded. They were stored in my house so no extremes of weather etc.
Obviously they were bought 2 years ago but I’d expect them to still be well usable.
Would you bother emailing them and seeing if there’s anything they could do or just forget about it?
Definitely worth the email, even if it just gives you a definitive answer as to why this happened.

It may also give them some previously unrecognised information that might alter their glue selection.

Best case scenario, they send you new stickers, and offer you a sponsorship/world tour of all the best glue factories on the planet.

mike14

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Any science nerd types on here who could recommend good intro books for physics and chemistry?
Wasn't something I was into at school (or I just didn't understand it) but it would be good to be able to converse with the eldest child as he starts to go down this path at high school (currently year 10).
I'd steal his textbooks but the damn kids don't have use them any more!

Dales Cannon

lightbrain about 4pm
Staff member
Chemistry - Experimental foundations - Parry et al
Matriculation Physics - Walters

These are old old very basic books but when #2 was going through high school his references were a bit shit and he grabbed my old archives. This stuff hasn't changed but the physics needs some updating with 21 st century info.

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
100% I'd be sending them an email and picture of the peeled off decals.

They are expensive enough and the supplier of official custom decals for nearly every brand around.

I would be expecting replacement decals and I'm sure they'll send you them.

Just looking at a set for my Oso, $80 for fork and shock and whether I applied them today or in 2 years, I'd expect them to stick.

Jpez

Down on the left!
100% I'd be sending them an email and picture of the peeled off decals.

They are expensive enough and the supplier of official custom decals for nearly every brand around.

I would be expecting replacement decals and I'm sure they'll send you them.

Just looking at a set for my Oso, $80 for fork and shock and whether I applied them today or in 2 years, I'd expect them to stick.
Yep I did and they replied real quick. They were genuinely sorry it happened and mystified. Happy to send me a new set but I pay postage which is fair enough. Only bummer is the shipping is $45 US. Still worth it but shipping from the States is fucknuckled at the moment.

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
Yep I did and they replied real quick. They were genuinely sorry it happened and mystified. Happy to send me a new set but I pay postage which is fair enough. Only bummer is the shipping is $45 US. Still worth it but shipping from the States is fucknuckled at the moment.
Faaaakkk. Thats expensive shipping for a flat letter.

They have my custom colour for the Oso and I was going to grab the set... was tossing up waiting till I see how this Luftkappe goes on the Fox 38 or a new fork.

My only issue is I wanted the separate 3-8 decals for each leg and they only come on the factory decal set.

Might have to get rid of the factory word somehow. The Performance/elite design isn't as nice.

maxresdefault.jpg

Jpez

Down on the left!
Faaaakkk. Thats expensive shipping for a flat letter.

They have my custom colour for the Oso and I was going to grab the set... was tossing up waiting till I see how this Luftkappe goes on the Fox 38 or a new fork.

My only issue is I wanted the separate 3-8 decals for each leg and they only come on the factory decal set.

Might have to get rid of the factory word somehow. The Performance/elite design isn't as nice.

View attachment 399457
They said the standard international shipping service has been suspended over there so only option is DHL courier. Same with some MTX brake pads I wanted.
Tiny little package was going to be $45 US too. Don’t think they have a lot of options unfortunately.