The QUICK question thread.....

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
But if the plebeians don't spend all their savings how will they benefit from trickle down economics?
By increasing their debt ceiling! I thought you guys were smarter than this. Sheeeeeeeeeeeeeeesh!

Spend your way to happiness people! Everything else is a lie.

PJO

in me vL comy
So I rebuilt my derailleur with extended cages for a bigger cassette , new cable and lubed the shifter and I’m finding that no matter how much I turn the limit screw for the granny gear it’s just not quite reaching and dropping the chain back back down.
I’ve been through too much cable tension not allowing it make it onto the little cog but not with the big one.
I’m certain I’m missing something really simple.
Any thoughts?
Any chance that your 11 speed cassette is actually 12-speed?

leitch

Feelin' a bit rrranty
@Jpez I haven't had a SRAM derailleur in pieces before, so sorry if not applicable, but... I recently was having similar shifting issues with my 12sp Shimano and after tearing my hair out, replacing cable and outer etc etc, I eventually worked out that the clutch needed some fresh grease, and combined with too much clutch tension, was stopping the cage from fully extending to allow the chain into the big cog.

Is it possible you over-tensioned the clutch/over-clocked the spring when putting the Garbaruk cage on?

Jpez

Down on the left!
@Jpez I haven't had a SRAM derailleur in pieces before, so sorry if not applicable, but... I recently was having similar shifting issues with my 12sp Shimano and after tearing my hair out, replacing cable and outer etc etc, I eventually worked out that the clutch needed some fresh grease, and combined with too much clutch tension, was stopping the cage from fully extending to allow the chain into the big cog.

Is it possible you over-tensioned the clutch/over-clocked the spring when putting the Garbaruk cage on?
You know you could well be onto something there. I just winged it with tensioning up the clutch spring so it could very well be set too tight. I’ll check that thanks.

Calvin27

Eats Squid
Bent derailleur cage. set the low limit too much one way and chain falls off into spokes, other way and it won't shift. cage looks bent, but I can't see where it might be bent from. No hanger because I put another rd on there and it's straight. What are my options? New RD or should i chance and buy a replacement cage?

It's 10 speed so not cheap enough to bin, but don't want to spend half the cost replacing cage as well.