The QUICK question thread.....

Labcanary

One potato, two potato, click
Thoughts on if this is dodgy or not... Posted a bike for sale on FB Market place, within 10 mins I get a message asking location. The bloke then says, oh my brother lives close to there and he can come collect it, then wants my payID so he can make a full payment and his brother will come collect. I questioned that he is wanting to pay full aksing price (no haggling) for an unseen bike as I certainly would want to look at a bike before committing to full asking price? Is this a scam? It seems as though once the money is in my account through PayID they cant take it back?
Definitely a dodgy AF scam.

Exhibit A:

Watch out, trust your spidey senses and good luck selling the bike.

Plankosaurus

Spongeplank Dalepantski
Definitely a Wolfie. Come in a variety of colours and sizes, ground dwellers, have two larger forward facing eyes. Afaik, the only spider that carries it's bubbies on its back. Apparently no real danger to people, but can be bad for doggos.

Plenty of people mistake them for huntsman's (wall puppies) and vice versa. They can both be big and brown and fast, but wall puppies tend to live in trees and houses where the wolfie usually won't go inside because there's not much undergrowth and holes to hide in.

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Definitely a Wolfie. Come in a variety of colours and sizes, ground dwellers, have two larger forward facing eyes. Afaik, the only spider that carries it's bubbies on its back. Apparently no real danger to people, but can be bad for doggos.

Plenty of people mistake them for huntsman's (wall puppies) and vice versa. They can both be big and brown and fast, but wall puppies tend to live in trees and houses where the wolfie usually won't go inside because there's not much undergrowth and holes to hide in.

Well if it wasn't a spider bite, why do I have all these warts @Plankosaurus ???

Freediver

I can go full Karen

I went with huntsman because of the front legs being twisted and turned in but after having a bit of a google I think you might be right,

Plankosaurus

Spongeplank Dalepantski
But do they love him? Unrequited love is hard.
Like dogs, they can't tell you they love you back but they show it in their cute little eyes when you feed them something delicious.

See how stoked little Sophie the huntsman here is when I brought in a big juicy blowfly for her

Tubbsy

Packin' a small bird
Staff member
Grabbed the bike out of the van the other day, a big fat Huntsman plops out with it. Tried to usher it off the trailhead to some trees when a relatively innocuous looking small black bug attacked. Had the spider incapacitated in seconds and started dragging it away.

Felt a bit guilty about that.

Dales Cannon

lightbrain about 4pm
Staff member
Grabbed the bike out of the van the other day, a big fat Huntsman plops out with it. Tried to usher it off the trailhead to some trees when a relatively innocuous looking small black bug attacked. Had the spider incapacitated in seconds and started dragging it away.

We were packing up the camper and an enormous huntsman climbed out of the awning bag and ran up on top to get away from us only to be scooped up by a nearby kookaburra.

shiny

Go-go-gadget-wrist-thingy

Yikes. Sounds like a hardcore bug. :oops:

1681533303145.png