The QUICK question thread.....

ausdb

Being who he is
Yep. The fsr linkage puts the pivot point further away via the yoke, so the glide ring in the middle of the shock takes extra load.

On that note, I may have done a dumb thing and bought another basket case...
Said basket case needs a 210x50 shock

I may have found a shock off a 2021Levo thats pretty close 210x52.5 serial number on the fox site says the following.
Part number: 972-63-224
Description: 2022_21, FLOAT DPS, P-S, A, 3pos, Evol LV, Specialized, Levo SL, 210, 52.5, 0.8 Spacer, DCM, DRM, CML, Standard Logo, N/M

Dumb question, is adding an extra travel spacer a diy proposition?

1679624457832.png

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
Ok BB gurus. What sort of bottom bracket is this. Need a newbie but no idea what to order. Thanks for any help
Looks like ISIS to me.

EDIT: Here you go, its a Truvativ Giga Pipe ISIS.

safreek

Looks like ISIS to me.

EDIT: Here you go, its a Truvativ Giga Pipe ISIS.

Jesus Christ, didn't expect that sort of price. I was thinking Shimano price.
Any way to take these out without the correct tool or is it a bike shop visit

safreek

That's an old school internal, probably Isis like Ozzy says. Are you going to use the crank that was attached? I'd go all new...I'd message me and get one of my spare samox crank + bb sets for a bargain.
I would but am determined to reuse the old cranks. Have a better one of these in a different frame so looks like a quick change over

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Jesus Christ, didn't expect that sort of price. I was thinking Shimano price

Then I have what you need. Will throw in a can of spam to spice up the deal.

I would but am determined to reuse the old cranks. Have a better one of these in a different frame so looks like a quick change over

Dissapointing.

Also you could possibly mount the cranks to an somewhat modern external BB from sram (truvativ) or one of their copy cats from the dark web.

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
Jesus Christ, didn't expect that sort of price. I was thinking Shimano price.
Any way to take these out without the correct tool or is it a bike shop visit
Surely a bloke that rides old school bikes would have one of these 8 notch BB/Chainring tools in his collection.

Plenty of cheaper versions around, could even try a LBS.

s-l1600.jpg

safreek

Then I have what you need. Will throw in a can of spam to spice up the deal.

Dissapointing.

Also you could possibly mount the cranks to an somewhat modern external BB from sram (truvativ) or one of their copy cats from the dark web.
Just trying to keep the bike fairly old school. Except the fork, that's going to be the cheapo USD I picked up

safreek

Surely a bloke that rides old school bikes would have one of these 8 notch BB/Chainring tools in his collection.

Plenty of cheaper versions around, could even try a LBS.

View attachment 398175
Most of the small jobs like this are just as easy to take to the bike shop. He does me cheap. But at least a have a crank tool, and a handful of 5 cent pieces, fuck me it crushes 3 at a time

safreek

Ok, can someone confirm to me I have the correct order of assembly on a Chris king headset.
Little black rubber thing goes on top of the split ring, white one goes on top of headset. I'm assuming the black one is G and the white one is D.
Also what is the point of these, haven't come across these on other headsets
image000000 (21).jpg
Screenshot_2023-03-26-15-48-39-20_e2d5b3f32b79de1d45acd1fad96fbb0f.jpg
Screenshot_2023-03-26-15-48-50-03_e2d5b3f32b79de1d45acd1fad96fbb0f.jpg

safreek

The Duckmeister

Has a juicy midrange
If both parts are DUB they'll work together; they're both built for the pointlessly proprietary 28.99mm spindle diameter. From there just pick the right BB format for your frame.

The Duckmeister

Has a juicy midrange
Ok, can someone confirm to me I have the correct order of assembly on a Chris king headset.
Little black rubber thing goes on top of the split ring, white one goes on top of headset. I'm assuming the black one is G and the white one is D.
View attachment 398230View attachment 398231View attachment 398232
What's the shape of the underside of the upper bearing cover (Part F) like? If pretty much flat for the innermost 3ish mm I'd suggest that the thin white shim would be Part G which is sometimes necessary to reduce the bearing cover (F) dragging on the rim of the head tube. FSA and some others have aluminium shims for this purpose.

If Part F has a pronounced rebate around its inner edge, the thicker-looking black o-ring would seat in there to form some kind of seal. Otherwise it's got me stumped.

Any pics of the other headset bits, especially the top bearing cover?

Scotty675

Cable thief
View attachment 398230View attachment 398231View attachment 398232
G is the cap o ring (black one), these can be green aswell. The white one sits on top. Be careful not to squash and cut the o ring when you push the cap on

safreek

G is the cap o ring (black one), these can be green aswell. The white one sits on top. Be careful not to squash and cut the o ring when you push the cap on
Cheers man, probably a silly question but does the white ring sit on top of the bearing cover as it looks in the diagram or under it.
I feel silly asking but don't want to root the headset