The QUICK question thread.....

safreek

How much grass do you have?
No, sorry. Don't answer that where you could incriminate yourself. How big is your lawn?
My own lawn I could do with a normal push mower, it's the council lawn that's the problem. If it was me I would just let the fucken thing get overgrown. My partner has different ideas though

safreek

I have the same mower. Aside from a couple of small holes in the plastic sides from picking up occasional rocks (I do try to clear the lawn of such potential missiles, but have missed a few), it has done well. Nice and lightweight - I'm on a hill so this is handy. I used to have to lift it up a small retaining wall until I replaced the lawn there with native plants and mulch.
Excellent, two question today and you have the answers I want to hear
Honda makes good mowers, I have an early model that is about 20 years and has never given any problems apart from general wear, like blades, air cleaner, spark plug, and the dog loves biting the wheels.
Sweet, I have used Honda equipment in landscaping before, again years ago and they were great. Just hadn't been sure these days after reading reviews as there are Chinese made Hondas these days. Would you trust a Chinese Honda motor.
I saw a fella testing Honda generators, one was Japan and one was china, seemed the Chinese one ran rougher, used more juice and oil.
I'm guessing for 1100 it should be Japanese

Flow-Rider

Burner

Sweet, I have used Honda equipment in landscaping before, again years ago and they were great. Just hadn't been sure these days after reading reviews as there are Chinese made Hondas these days. Would you trust a Chinese Honda motor.
I saw a fella testing Honda generators, one was Japan and one was china, seemed the Chinese one ran rougher, used more juice and oil.
I don't know where the new mowers are made, you might have to ask the manufacturer, I'd say most or some of the parts would come from china these days.

mark22

Likes Dirt

Chinese "Honda" copies are not sold as Honda but are almost identical to look at and are rubbish, genuine Honda's like that mower you're looking at are a great engine. Change the oil every 6 months and will last you long time..and don't use E10 fuel in it.

safreek

Chinese "Honda" copies are not sold as Honda but are almost identical to look at and are rubbish, genuine Honda's like that mower you're looking at are a great engine. Change the oil every 6 months and will last you long time..and don't use E10 fuel in it.
Sweet, yeah I haven't put E10 in a mower for many years.

dirtdad

Wants to be special but is too shy
Can anyone point me to a good wheel truing thread? Maybe recommend a budget stand (or should I just keep using the upside down bike)?
I did search, but so many options. It’s really for truing only at this point. Not building wheels.

Labcanary

One potato, two potato, click
Can anyone point me to a good wheel truing thread? Maybe recommend a budget stand (or should I just keep using the upside down bike)?
I did search, but so many options. It’s really for truing only at this point. Not building wheels.
Park tool have a playlist of videos for wheel truing:

I use this stand:

Scotty T

Walks the walk
Has anyone had a bicycle seat re-upholstered? My wifes Electra Ergo saddle has some cracks in the vinyl that either tear small holes in leggings or pill the fabric on tougher bike shorts or normal shorts. The rest of the seat is in great condition.

It's a big cruiser saddle so I figure someone who does motorcycle seats could do it, in leather that will last until the mechanical parts of the saddle start to wear out. The fancy model from Trek is $162, the base model is $65 but has a lycra insert which I think would wear out. I think it would be a really good upcycling project, I hate throwing things out where only a small part of them is damaged.

fjohn860

Alice in diaperland
Replacing brake hose.

Any good hacks/techniques in regards to introducing fluid back in the lines?

I was thinking cut new hose to length terminate at caliper and lever then connect a syringe to the shimano lever and an open hose to the caliper (hose end submerged in oil) and draw the fluid up through the lever. Once done do a proper bleed...

Just trying to minimise air in the calipers.

bobob

Has $20
Replacing brake hose.

I was thinking cut new hose to length terminate at caliper and lever then connect a syringe to the shimano lever and an open hose to the caliper (hose end submerged in oil) and draw the fluid up through the lever. Once done do a proper bleed...

This has always done well.... THE SYNDICATE - Pit Tips - Brake Bleeding

cokeonspecialtwodollars

Fartes of Portingale
How hard is to count? I mean seriously 1, 2 3, etc up to fucking 10, then repeat. In 10s. Fucking simple, even kids can do it.

So how the hell did I end up ordering 16 too few fucking lego pieces to finish the wheels on the traction engine. 6 fucking teen.
I think that I see the issue... you keep skipping four through nine, that's at least three fifths of your problem.

Oddjob

Merry fucking Xmas to you assholes
Replacing brake hose.

Best is to use two upright syringes to pump fluid back and forth between caliper and master cylinder and let bubbles move to the top near the plungers.

Sent from my M2012K11AG using Tapatalk

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
How hard is to count? I mean seriously 1, 2 3, etc up to fucking 10, then repeat. In 10s. Fucking simple, even kids can do it.

So how the hell did I end up ordering 16 too few fucking lego pieces to finish the wheels on the traction engine. 6 fucking teen.
Just walk around barefoot in low light. You'll find them soon enough.

I'm in a pub seemingly filled with dimwits. This place seems to only exist as a place for people to play pokies. And as I sit here awaiting my dinner I hear the whitlams blow up the pokies playing.