The QUICK question thread.....

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Why not just leave the busted brake mount as is?

Get a grinder onto it. Grind them down low and clean. They'll be magnesium lowers so the grinder will plough through in not time...like a hot knife through butter.

safreek

Looking at grabbing a new lawnmower tomorrow, any idea if this will break down on me

rockmoose

his flabber is totally gastered
Looking at grabbing a new lawnmower tomorrow, any idea if this will break down on me

At some point, yes. When that is, I have no idea.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男

Are you planning on sending off your retaining wall? Or just cut regular household grass? If the former, remember to wear your helmet.

Dales Cannon

lightbrain about 4pm
Staff member

Can use it for... "herbs"... too.

beeb

Dr. Beebenson, PhD HA, ST, Offset (hons)

Are you looking to mow vast areas of grass Freek? If not for that kind of money I'd be looking at battery-electric mowers. They're quieter, don't run hot, no exhaust fumes, etc... I've abused the shit out of my Ryobi 36V 48cm blade mower (for ~6 years now...) and it's been flawless. The grass catcher is a bit shit and tends to clog up too quickly, and the deck-height settings have pretty big steps - but otherwise no complaints.

Freediver

I can go full Karen

How much grass do you have?
No, sorry. Don't answer that where you could incriminate yourself. How big is your lawn?

rockmoose

his flabber is totally gastered
In all seriousness, stay away from self propelled. It will be your weak link, they are a pain in the arse. Honda do make a good mower though, as with all their small engine stuff.

creaky

XMAS Plumper

You’re pretty safe with a Honda. But, as above, any reason for you not to go electric? I will certainly be doing that if my Victa ever costs me more that routine servicing.

Labcanary

One potato, two potato, click
Are you looking to mow vast areas of grass Freek? If not for that kind of money I'd be looking at battery-electric mowers. They're quieter, don't run hot, no exhaust fumes, etc... I've abused the shit out of my Ryobi 36V 48cm blade mower (for ~6 years now...) and it's been flawless. The grass catcher is a bit shit and tends to clog up too quickly, and the deck-height settings have pretty big steps - but otherwise no complaints.
I have the same mower. Aside from a couple of small holes in the plastic sides from picking up occasional rocks (I do try to clear the lawn of such potential missiles, but have missed a few), it has done well. Nice and lightweight - I'm on a hill so this is handy. I used to have to lift it up a small retaining wall until I replaced the lawn there with native plants and mulch.

beeb

Dr. Beebenson, PhD HA, ST, Offset (hons)
I have the same mower. Aside from a couple of small holes in the plastic sides from picking up occasional rocks (I do try to clear the lawn of such potential missiles, but have missed a few), it has done well. Nice and lightweight - I'm on a hill so this is handy. I used to have to lift it up a small retaining wall until I replaced the lawn there with native plants and mulch.
You've done well to put holes through the body. o_O

I was "less focused" on rock removal and never managed to so that! :oops:

Flow-Rider

Burner

Honda makes good mowers, I have an early model that is about 20 years and has never given any problems apart from general wear, like blades, air cleaner, spark plug, and the dog loves biting the wheels.

safreek

I have a slopey lawn that grows exceptionally quick but only like to cut the lawn once a month, bit suss on electric after trying the older shit years ago