The QUICK question thread.....

ashes_mtb

Has preferences
Looking at a shock upgrade and can get a Rock Shox Deluxe Ultimate in 190x40 for $150 less than the 190x45 travel version I need. Is it a simple task for a diyer to convert from 40 to 45mm travel?
Anyone have experience with travel adjustment on the RockShox rear shocks? I’ve had my current shock open to remove volume spacers, is increasing the stroke out as simple as that? Any other issues I need to think about in terms of affect on the damping tune?

fjohn860

Alice in diaperland
Anyone have experience with travel adjustment on the RockShox rear shocks? I’ve had my current shock open to remove volume spacers, is increasing the stroke out as simple as that? Any other issues I need to think about in terms of affect on the damping tune?
I'm definitely not a shock guru, but my limited understanding is that RS shocks have a plastic disc that you would need to either cut or get a damper service done to have it removed. My SR Suntour TriAir and the DVO Topaz's have a slotted plastic travel reducer that can be popped off without any difficulty.

The other thing I have heard is that with inline shocks, the IFP depth might be an issue if you are just clipping/cutting the plastic travel reducer without resetting the IFP depth (as is done with a damper service).

Mind you, I've never tried removing one myself...

Minlak

custom titis
Awesome, thanks

Question: I want to record audio via USB into the cheap windows laptop - do I need an external soundcard or some shit? There is no USB option for input only microphone
So do you mean record to the USB or record from the USB?
And is the USB a microphone?

Freediver

I can go full Karen
Awesome, thanks

Question: I want to record audio via USB into the cheap windows laptop - do I need an external soundcard or some shit? There is no USB option for input only microphone
I was pretty sure there was a driver for that so had a quick google. There is.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Anyone else here worked for Coles/Liquorland over the last few years? Just got a text and email telling me they owe me money, but I need to follow a link and supply bank and super details...and no phone number. Feels a little suss.

beeb

Dr. Beebenson, PhD HA, ST, Offset (hons)
Anyone else here worked for Coles/Liquorland over the last few years? Just got a text and email telling me they owe me money, but I need to follow a link and supply bank and super details...and no phone number. Feels a little suss.
If in doubt (which you should be, it sounds dodgy AF), google the correct phone number and call them directly yourself.

Cardy George

Piercing rural members since 1981
Had that scenario play out legitimately for me with Woolies Group. But they sure as he'll didn't initiate with a text message. I had to log in and prove my identity in three different ways after I received an email from them.

shiny

Go-go-gadget-wrist-thingy
I had a similar situation but with the Suncorp group they provided a number which I called and hit up a few previous employees I am still in touch with to confirm it was legit.

A quick Hambo says website:

has more details.